Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2016, 08:06 AM   #1

Smile News About Country Coach Factory From Winnebago Convention

Yesterday I was volunteered to sit at the front table of the Country Coach discussion at the Winnebago Grand National convention here at Forest City Iowa. This is a terrifically well attended event BTW. About 1,000 rigs. 4 are Country Coaches. People at this event have been uniformly welcoming.

At the discussion there were several Winnebago/Country Coach people from Junction City. There was also a senior Winnebago person from Forest City. What we were told at this meeting was that there was one 45' Winnebago Tour almost finished in JC and about 4-5 in line right behind it being built. This same person also said that he had given a commitment to Ron Lee that a new Country Coach model will be made. No specifics of the CC coach past that.

What also has been discussed by several people from Winnebago at this event is that Forest City was not set up to make large class A's efficiently and that the plan is to make those in Oregon that is set up to make large class A's.

This is a very enjoyable rally and more CC's should come next year. They grounds here are really set up well to accommodate so many coaches. The whole area is grassy. The electric sites are set up with regular hookup posts not temporary ones. Dump service is easy to get and there is fresh water at the end of each row. You use the buddy system to fill up with water. (connect hoses) Golf cars are available for rent if you don't want to walk or are not walking that well.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2016, 08:26 AM   #2

Thanks for the update Bob. I am keeping my fingers crossed!
John Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 05:57 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the info Bob. When I spoke to Arlene at CC a couple of days ago she was so very helpful. I asked her if the techs who worked on my coach in 2014 were still there and she said yes, they all were. She said they were all excited about the changes.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:31 AM   #4

Hey Bob that's great to hear. I have been wondering if and when there will be some announced progress on the "new" CC. We are staying at a local KOA just to get away for a quick weekend and there is a workamper here in a CC also. He and his wife stopped in last night and we had a long discussion about the rigs and the hopefully great new CC.

In the beginning of our conversation he wasn't very informed about the new venture being an actual CC on a Dynomax. He seemed to think it would be just a re-branded Winnie and I said no, not that I have read. I continued to explain and repeat the information I have read here and other sites about a real CC being produced again.

I am curious, if Winnie is really making an effort to make a a new CC, why isn't there something on their website both Winnie and CC about the progress? Why isn't there a forum for interaction between Current CC owners and what is going to be produced? I think there are too many questions that could be answered by Winnie to aid them in making CC a great top of the line rig. We would love product and production updates and Winnie would benefit from input from current owners. I know when I mentioned that their first rig was speculated to be a 45' rig he thought that was a mistake.

The high end and large price tag was a concern to get back into the market by this man and he apparently knows Mr. Tiffin and another producer, which rig I can't remember.

In retrospect I assume the majority of CC owners would love to see a real effort made to put our rigs back into production. I would personally love to be part of the information loop between CC and Winnie, consumers, owners etc. Hopefully if anyone at CC or Winnie reads this they may reach out and put a link on their websites and form a group to take questions and input from owners and post ideas and progress from the manufacturer side.

All in all I am excited to see our rigs to continue in manufacture and use for many years. We love the quality in ours!
2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
2007 Subaru Outback
Winters in Ocala, summers in Pa and North East US.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:38 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
The plant head at JC addressed our CC club at the FMCA rally in Albany,OR last month. He said that they are working to get the Winnie production going in JC. Then they will start working on bringing the CC brand back on line, probably sometime in 2018
Old 07-24-2016, 07:10 PM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome to the Family. We are glad to have you. I have been to the Grand National before and it is a good time. I hope that the Country Coach People will feel welcome and come. It would be great to visit with you and see you fantastic coaches.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:08 PM   #7

new grand tour

Pacific Shores Motor Coach Resort in Newport,Oregon had their owners week last week. We had the first 2017 45 ft Grand Tour from the new factory in junction city,or. I can tell you it is defenitly not a country coach, but it still was very nice. The fit and finish was very good. The paint was very deep like on country coach. A couple in our park bought it. I wish I had taken pictures. later wetdog
Old 08-09-2016, 10:50 PM   #8

I don't know, I'm just not convinced yet. When we bought our '99 Allure in '02 and called CC I was treated like I owned the place, not the same anymore. I know what they say about making CC quality in the new "W" coaches but seeing is believing. I truly hope I'm wrong as we just flat out love our Country Coach....
'99 Allure 36' #30307
Enjoying it while we can. 200,000+ and counting!
Burfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:16 PM   #9

Well I can tell you guys that I don't have a crystal ball and I don't know about plans for new CC builds. But I can tell you when I get through to Greg on the phone in JC he knows the answers to all my questions and can send me the parts I need for our new to us 2000 Magna. He was on the floor when it was built.

It takes a while to get a response, but when they return my call I always get the details I was looking for.
-Fred
2000 CC Magna #5734
C-10 Cat Allison 4060
MN
Fredward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:37 AM   #10

Fredward - yeah Gregg helped me out too recently.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:08 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
FWIW - the JC website has the Winnebago name on it along with CC and emphasis on the availability of CC parts. I called them this week re: WBGO parts - not available on-site yet, working towards that goal ...

I think that when we as owners 'use' the factory service centers and parts departments we support (not necessarily guarantee) their viability ...

Tags
vent, winnebago