Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2018, 07:45 AM   #1

Next issue. Passenger side dash air conditioner

Hi again, Tom here. Please forgive the multiple posts but it feels like I have a lion by the tail with my 2005 magna 630.

Passenger side dash air not working. Dealer verifies power at switch near seat. No power at blower motor but motor good. He has 4 days tracking down the wiring and says it’s a complete mess with spliced wires everywhere. He is going to send pictures. They have been in touch with CC and is getting the wiring diagram sent to them. My bigger question is is it typical of a dealer to run into these issues when diagnosing what I would think is a simple thing. This is a retail dealer in Las Vegas with a good reputation.

I’ve heard of people bringing there older CC to Oregon for a review by CC Techs. Would this be something to consider for items like this ?

As info, I haven’t started on the AV updates, the VMS and the silver leaf upgrades. I’m trying to handle all mechanical prior to the fun stuff if they leave me any money.

Thanks

TomClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0871.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	404.1 KB
ID:	218954
Tmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2018, 09:28 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Tom,

If you haven’t been to Oregon yet with your coach plan the travel. There are 3 or 4 well respected CC service centres that entirely understand your coach. My experience has been stopping anywhere outside of Junction City/Eugene is a waste of your time and money.

We purchased an 09 Affinity and the Oregon folks that have worked on it have done an outstanding job. One of the best parts is you can be beside them while they work asking questions and learning.
2-Nickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:41 AM   #3

when we did a CC factory tour years ago one of the things they bragged about was that they have no splices in there wierring. Some one done a lot of rewiring or your shop is giving you a reason ahead of time for a BIG bill.
luqutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:15 AM   #4

I would try to leave the wiring diagrams from my manual with the shop prior to them embarking on an expensive trouble shooting learning curve with my money.

Actually, I have learned to try to solve electrical problems myself. It costs me nothing in labor if I take too much time. Parts are usually very inexpensive for electrical problems. The more I learn, the quicker I solve the next electrical problem........
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 11:05 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
IMO, if you can plan to travel to the Junction City/Eugene area, that is the best place to get things fixed on our coaches. There is a lot to see in Oregon anyway.

We've been to the Country Coach (now owned by Winnebago) service facility twice when traveling in that area and were very pleased with their ability and price. We had a number of things fixed. You also have several good options there; Oregon Motor Coach, Carrier and Son, Premier, Winnebago/CC, and Kevin Waite, a.k.a. K&M Mobile RV Repair.

If you are a fixer yourself, you might consider subscribing to the unlimited tech support (and parts finding) offered by Kevin Waite. It is $350 per year and I have found it very helpful to me on several repairs. Saved me labor $$ and lost time in some shop. Kevin and his BIL, Butch Williams, are both accessible with the plan. Both are former CC builders/techs and Butch is the electrical expert on CC's.

Kevin Waite: 541.953.6162
kvn.wt.7629@gmail.com
Old 09-14-2018, 06:28 PM   #6

Thanks all. Great advice
Old 09-14-2018, 08:37 PM   #7

And for the record. My wife has one rule in our house. Hire it out or do without. Not gifted in fixing things.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:48 PM   #8

Sounds like your wife will like the Oregon service centres.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:54 PM   #9

Ok. Got pictures of my dash today. Dealer throwing their hands up. Don’t know what to do.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:55 PM   #10

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1024.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	574.8 KB
ID:	219619Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1020.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	636.0 KB
ID:	219620Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1021.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	416.6 KB
ID:	219621
Old 09-19-2018, 04:27 AM   #11

Tom,

I would get the local dealer to put it all back together and schedule a trip to Oregon to have a CC service shop look into the matter. On the same trip you can have any other item look at as well. I believe these guys in Oregon just simply understand these coaches and will make quick work out of why the passenger side AC is not working.

If i recall you are in LV, I have done the trip to Junction City from LV a few times and it is a comfortable 3 day drive or a hurried 2 days. Reach out and get an appointment first though, most of these shops are busy.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:04 PM   #12

Your dash area looks a good bit like mine did. Folks get in there and change radios, GPS, Bluetooth, XM Radio and power outlets. I can see a few mismatched wires and saddle taps that really don't like.

This wiring guide may help your shop trace some things down. Here's a link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18t9...ew?usp=sharing

I hope it helps.
BonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 09:22 PM   #13

Thanks guys. May I ask which shop specifically you would recommend? Also, do you get a hotel while it’s being worked on? I’ve never driven this far with the sole purpose of repair as the goal. Yes, Coach in Vegas. I still work full time and travel a bunch on business. Not easy to get to Oregon but really tired of the continuous incompetence and endless delays and costs. I would rather bite the bullet one time and enjoy the coach.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:39 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Nickels View Post
Tom,

If you haven’t been to Oregon yet with your coach plan the travel. There are 3 or 4 well respected CC service centres that entirely understand your coach. My experience has been stopping anywhere outside of Junction City/Eugene is a waste of your time and money.

We purchased an 09 Affinity and the Oregon folks that have worked on it have done an outstanding job. One of the best parts is you can be beside them while they work asking questions and learning.
Eric Olstrom in Tucson (Olstrom Custom Coach) is excellent. Former Country Coach factory guy. Knows CC's inside and out.

Rich 2002 Magna
birdhunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, dash, dash air