Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2016, 12:43 PM   #1
Community Moderator

No 12v on kitchen

It has been like that since day one - there is no 12v power on kitchen which is on the slide-out. the gas stove switch won't click but that is ok as we don't use the gas stove. a light in the cabinet under the sink does not lite up (i believe they are in the same line and i checked no power). contrary to that on the slide-out the two overhead lights above the windows and couch have power!

i couldn't find the fuse anywhere. i looked up the schematic, it says the lines are routed through scissor channel; true i can see it from under the slide. it also says the lines are to the light switch in galley cabinet; well, it has power there too, but no other connections whatsoever.

does anyone know where it is from? see schematic below. tia.

edit: on the schematic, it only shows two lights above the windows/couch (as dinner light and sofa light), there are no indications of the stove power and the kitchen cabinet light.

CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2016, 05:48 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
HTH, my stove igniter is 120V. I wish it was 12V for boondocking. Can't help with the lights, sorry.

Cheers,
Old 03-09-2016, 06:21 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcovey View Post
HTH, my stove igniter is 120V. I wish it was 12V for boondocking. Can't help with the lights, sorry.

Cheers,
bob, you brought up a good question - do i have an igniter in 120v... i just tried, no luck either.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:08 AM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Check the manual for your stove to see if it has an electric starter.

The light problem could be the bulb?

Take a voltage reading at the bulb wires to see if it has 12v or so.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 11:03 AM   #5

From what I remember, the 12VDC runs from the light over the sink, thru the cabinets and to the lights over the couch.

I would drop the sink light and check connections and then check the ballast.

The power connection for the stove is on the left side front. I didn't stand on my head to see where the wiring came from but can see a red wire nut there
Old 03-10-2016, 12:10 PM   #6
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
Check the manual for your stove to see if it has an electric starter.

The light problem could be the bulb?

Take a voltage reading at the bulb wires to see if it has 12v or so.
hi dean, my manual does not have a section about the stove. even not in the data sheet on the inside of the cabinet door in the bathroom. no info in the big file folder from cc either. very strange.

i did test the bulb, and even i used voltimeter to test the wire leads in there, no power

my stove is "princess", that won't matter much i guess.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:23 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
From what I remember, the 12VDC runs from the light over the sink, thru the cabinets and to the lights over the couch.

I would drop the sink light and check connections and then check the ballast.

The power connection for the stove is on the left side front. I didn't stand on my head to see where the wiring came from but can see a red wire nut there
thanks don.

both of the lights (over the sink and over the couch) are powered, but no power to the light inside the cabinet under the sink. i can see that the wires are from stove (no power), from there the wires go down to below the slide-out. then the bundled wires route through scissor channels going inside somewhere i can't see.

why am i digging this? i installed a 12v socket on the kitchen wall adjacent to the couch - opposite to that light where i was to get power. but now no power
Old 03-10-2016, 01:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
hi dean, my manual does not have a section about the stove. even not in the data sheet on the inside of the cabinet door in the bathroom. no info in the big file folder from cc either. very strange.

i did test the bulb, and even i used voltimeter to test the wire leads in there, no power

my stove is "princess", that won't matter much i guess.
You should be able to find a manual online for your cooktop. It might come in handy for other purposes. Google is your friend......
Old 03-10-2016, 01:51 PM   #9

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
You should be able to find a manual online for your cooktop. It might come in handy for other purposes. Google is your friend......
We have the Princess in our rig. I know it works as we tried it once. I think I downloaded the manual but if I did it's on my laptop.

Might be something here: Sure Marine Service, Inc. * Since 1972 * Webasto Marine Heating, Air Conditioning, and Galley Equipmentmanuals/Stove-Repair.pdf

Or here: http://www.manualslib.com/manual/712...ward-1273.html
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 02:55 PM   #10
Community Moderator

Big thanks Mr D and Dean!! Yep, mine is Princess 2276 from the link manualslib.com. I saved a copy of the manual.

As expected, it is using 12V DC ignition. I just checked the wire leads (red and green) with voltimeter, power was absent.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:42 PM   #11

Wow, that is a mystery.

The switch that has power but controls nothing?

What happens if you run a cheater wire from that switch to the galley light you want to be turned on?
Old 03-10-2016, 08:49 PM   #12
Community Moderator

hi dean, which switch you were referring to having power? i am not sure i know . three lights have power - above sink, above couch, and on the galley cabinet ceiling. all switches/connections/light on kitchen self (the big cube, from counter down) have no 12v power.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:54 PM   #13

"it also says the lines are to the light switch in galley cabinet; well, it has power there too, but no other connections whatsoever."
Old 03-10-2016, 11:05 PM   #14
Community Moderator

oh, you were right the galley cabinet ceiling light switch does have power. my thinking is - maybe from there, though i can't see it, coming out two sets of 12g wires, one goes to the overhead lights above sink and couch; another set goes to the kitchen. somewhere disconnected?

i have found the fuse for galley cabinet light, which is in the same circuit with the two bed board reading lights. funny thing is, the fuse only controls these three lights!! what a tiny load