Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:57 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Observations from our travels

Well we've made it from Virginia to NM and have talked to several fellow CC owners. Have met folks with Allures, Intrigues, two with Magna's, and one with a 1998 CC Prevost. The largest number were at Buckhorn Lake RV Resort in Kerrville, TX. Other than the '98 Prevost and a '95 Magna, all were mid to late 2000's models.

Most were purchased used and everyone was happy with their coach. One fellow was traveling with another couple who had a new Entegra Anthem. He confided that he had also thought of looking at a new Entegra, but after traveling with his friends, he realized he needed to keep his Intrigue.

The most common theme among the CC owners I met was if they were to get an itch to get something else, they would be more interested in moving to gently used Newell, Prevost or up the CC chain. A couple said they were really interested in seeing what Winnebago/CC would do ...both were skeptical however thinking that the Winnebago DNA would just leak into anything they built.

So, I guess it was confirmation (not surprising) that once you've owned a nice coach like a CC, your expectations change. My DW is happy since I don't talk so much about getting something new (unless we hit the lotto and can get a new 2018 CC maybe ).

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2016, 11:07 AM   #2
We have looked at new "stuff" and always come away with the feeling that our coach looks pretty good after all. Maybe not as glitzy and doesn't have all the foo foo stuff but it is comfortable.

My next upgrade is the glass dash. I was going to do some solar while in Yuma but the guy I talked to acted like he couldn't be bothered so I'll wait till we get back north and hit up AM to do the job. Also thinking about a DIY project.

2002 Country Coach Intrigue
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 04:36 PM   #3
Well, heck. If I got the itch, I would want to move up to the two coaches you guys already have......
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:17 PM   #4
Coaches On The Road

As we traveled from Western Washington down here to North Phoenix in mid-January, we saw many more higher end coaches than in recent years.

The mid-2000 vintage seemed to us to be the most common as you observed, smlranger. At least for that quality and age group. Plenty of newer/smaller RV's though.

We're very happy to have purchased our 2002 Affinity two years ago and have no thoughts of upgrading. It would be hard for me to justify the cost of comparable quality in a newer coach at today's prices. Given my model year of 1944, my "Use By Date"will probably arrive sooner than a newer coach's would.

If I were looking for a coach today, I'd fall into that group looking for great-condition, pre-DEF, "higher end" coach. They're still out there.

A Country Coach Prevost just pulled in here today. Looked to be from around 2004-2005. Appeared to be in very good condition.

Like dons2346, I think I'll come up with a DIY project. That remote keyless entry retrofit went well.

Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, 2003 Cherokee Overland
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:33 PM   #5

As you know we are working on a CC Allure 470 that clipped the a/c units under a low underpass. When done it will be better than new.

I am impressed with the design quality of Country Coach. This one is built with solid cherry cabinetry and tasteful decor. I also love the fact that it's a 37' coach with a tag axle. Normally you don't see tags until the coach length exceeds 40+ feet.

The owner of this coach had it for sale, and in fact, had it sold just before his unfortunate incident. The buyer chose to pass due to the timing of the repairs. Luckily it's a gorgeous coach and will soon be restored to better than new condition and looking for a new home again.

I understand the 'Allure' of Country Coach owners and why Country Coach is such a great brand. Being a Winnebago owner myself, I am respectfully hopeful that Winnebago will do great honor to the brand and make it successful once again.
'07 Winnebago Journey 34H - CAT C7, Koni's, MCU's, SS Bell Crank, Safe-T-Plus
'07 HHR Toad, SMI AFO, Blue OX
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 03:20 PM   #6
We had been looking for quite some time for a replacement for our 95 Affinity, but we didn't see anything in regular production coaches that came close to the quality of our coach other than a newer Country Coach. We tried looking at Foretravels and Newells, but did not see any floorplans that came close to what we liked. In the end we decided to go with the Prevost, since we could get most of the features we wanted in less than four slides, and this coach has no slides, which we are perfectly happy with! It also didn't hurt that we have two Prevost service centers and a Marathon center within 300 miles of our home.
USAF Retired
2000 Prevost Marathon H3-45
Towing 2006 Nissan Maxima
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 03:08 PM   #7
smlranger: Great observations!

srh is offline   Reply With Quote