Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
gla

Country Coach Owners Club
Unhappy oil pressure woes

99 maga,oil presssure gauge reads 20psi at idle but alarrms go off each time i stop but then go off. If I set the rpms up 100rpm the alarms stay off but tranmission temp goes up, pressure gauge stays just above 20 psi. Goes to cummings repair shop wed. Hope it just the cc sensor, wish me luck.
gla is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2009, 03:33 PM   #2
gla

repair shop results..good to go,coumputer had no faluts for low oil pressure. now we go to our frindly rv repair shop and try to find the cc sensor thats not working.any one out there got any inputs on this problem? thanks
Old 10-15-2009, 03:14 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Sounds like a lower voltage may set this off. When you increase the rpm you are probably increasing the voltage output of the alternator. You might want to check for a less than perfect ground. I would add an additional ground to the dash cluster and see what happens first.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:35 AM   #4
gla

thanks for the suggestion, passed info to repair shop. other inputs,wrong oil filter? a cable not making good contact to sender? called c.c. for input said they would call back, never happen,why would anyone buy a new rv from a group that acts like this???
Old 10-30-2009, 04:06 PM   #5
gla

the oil pressure saga goes on. when the low oil pressure warnings,voice/chims/dash light went off at each stop off the rv went to the rv reapair shop because this was no longer a intermintten problem that would take forever to trouble shoot. tech was shown the problem,warrings were going off,and was told this could be fixed by replacing the oil gauge.. after 3 days i called and asked how things were going.i was told they have not been able to set off the alarms even after idle for hrs and driving it around. i ask what work has been done with the oil gauge,wires had been pulled off and put back on, this could be a good sign that a minnor problem had fixed it. drove to the shop (2hr round trip)and drove the rig about 500 ft after warm up and the alarms went off.now i find out the tech as run up 2hrs @$105/hr,this is not looking good. i suggested that the wire controling the oil pressure voice alarm ( this warring will drive you nuts) be disconnected and i will use the gauge only,cummings has a auto engine shut down for oil pressure failure. wire #24 should do this. stay tunned........
Old 12-09-2009, 10:10 AM   #6
gla

well the oil pressure woes are over. a great shout out to atlantic truck center (were customers are # one)of riviera beach fl (561-840-1066)and jim pike(service manager,561-248-3168) and scott the sharp mech.after going under rv for 3 mins. scott came out and said i see the sencors and lets hope they have a pn# on them so we can get new ones. long story short they found them, installed them i left a happy rv owner,$350 pooer but happy..............
Old 01-24-2010, 06:52 PM   #7

Oil pres problems

Hello gla,
Here is an idea Mike might agree with. All larger boats have a second set of gages in the engine room. These guages are always manual gauges.
Oil Pressure
water temp
batt gauge
I plan on installing a second set on the engine in the rear along with a remote start switch and kill.
A manual guage will out last an electrical sender 10-1.
This can be checked when your alarms start going off and will tell if elec guages are bad. This would have saved you some bucks.
They are also handy when changing filters and saves trips in and out of coach. A oil gauge under the bed facing forward will also be installed so wife can check when under way. You might be surprised at the difference in the two readings. This will also let you remain on the road when you would normally shut it down with low pressure.
Hope this will help, Don
djones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:27 PM   #8
gla

forgot this info,oil pressure sender to oil pressure gauge is a VDO #701 1827. oil pressure circuit switch,for cc alarms,is a napa 701-1591
Old 04-20-2010, 01:12 PM   #9

Great idea about manual gauges Don. Like you said they are more reliable and accurate than elect. Spent a lot of time on "larger boats" and after 20 years of being around big diesels only two manual gauge failures I remember were an oil press gauge that filled up with oil but did not leak and a broken water temp probe to gauge sending tube. And they were usually subject to vibration and heat. Neither problem required shutting down main engines right away. And I was around a lot of gauges. Please post gauge install result info if time. I will do the same. I assume your CC has a Cummings but probably bigger than my Discovery 38'. But should be the same or similar installation. I read posts often so if you do post info will not go un appreciated.
KC
Clonetrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:17 AM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Can you tell me if what engine you have there? I mean KC assumes it's a Cummings but I make no such assumption.. In fact I am making no assumption at all.

But I'd like to KNOW the answer
Old 04-22-2010, 01:55 PM   #11
gla

yes the eng is a cummings, 350hp.