Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-19-2017, 04:18 PM   #1

OK, what do you all think it is worth?

I can't seem to shake this lust for another Country Coach. This is a 2001 Allure, mint condition but only single slide, full body paint, Onan (not that noisy Powertec) generator, garaged since new. 100K miles. No pets or smokers.

Hard to find 36 footer.

We would garage it too.

No issues with windows or tires, full service records since new. Talked with service guy he says the coach is pristine.

Kitchen slide, not our favorite but seems to be almost standard after 2000. Did they do this for weight balance?

How big of a liability is single slide with CC resales?

Asking $41K OBO. What do you guys think?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2017, 05:01 PM   #2

It sounds exceptional. I had a 36 foot Magna with a single slide and actually thought the configuration was very suitable. I assume your bed faces forward as opposed to sideways. In our instance that was just fine. It also meant if we had to pull into a truckstop we have all the room we needed in the bedroom. I'm sure there may be varying opinions, but it certainly seems like a clean coach and a good health history. At that price point, I'm not certain resale would be a concern. Lastly, I understand the last comment. After selling my Magna six years ago, I couldn't stop looking at additional Country Coach photos, which eventually drove me to purchase a Lexa. Good luck!

Old 04-19-2017, 10:11 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
You are just buying (maybe) this coach and you are worried about resale? If that is the case, I would pass on it.

Now, if you want a bullet proof coach, the 41K isn't a bad price especially if it is in the shape you say it is in. The short (32-36 ft) coaches are pretty hard to find.

As far as the kitchen slide, I don't think it was for weight and balance seeing as how the generator is on that side. My coach has the driver side kitchen and it is actually heaver on the pax side.. Look at it this way. When sitting at the kitchen table, you are not looking out the window at your neighbor's sewer hook up.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:33 AM   #4

Interesting thought, never considered the view when eating, truthfully. We usually always had the slide awning fully deployed.

I would think on the passenger side you'd be looking at the underside of the awning.

It is interesting that your coach still weighs more on the passenger side even with the kitchen and generator on the driver side.

Also, your comment on resale was interesting. I think you are telling me that single slide is the next worst thing to no slide at all?

Appreciate very much all your comments. Been away from the RV for 6 years and it is tough to decide what to buy. I do remember the CC Allure I had didn't much care for storage, even indoor garage, and that is a concern as we won't be driving near the miles we did before.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:23 AM   #5

First off when you say Full Body Paint are you saying the PO had it repainted. Country Coach did not start doing that until 02. It was just a clear over gel in the 2001 coaches. They called it FBP, but it wasn't.

Those interested in a 36' single slide would be vacation rv'ers. Full timers would desire at least a 40' single slide, or a 36' double. Having a kitchen slide is a big advantage, as this is where you spend most of your time. Sounds like its in good shape, and I would have no issues paying the 41k. Make sure its been serviced on a regular basis, and doesn't need anything. I would bet these older Allure, and Intrigues are some of the most reliable coaches out there.

We own a 36' and camp most of the time in State, National, and Forest Service Parks. Were usually in amongst all the TT and 5th's. I love the challenge of getting into a tight spot.
bneukam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:02 AM   #6

Owning a 36', 1999 Allure since 2001 and putting 130,000 trouble free miles on it, i would jump at that coach. Price is right, mileage low for the age and from what you say it is "Pristine", IMO you need to pull the trigger. I like the galley on the street side for exactly the reason mentioned above. If i'm sitting outside and need a refresher the wife just passes it thru the window + we are looking at our patio not the neighbors. Also i like the bed looking forward so if it happens that we get broke into in the night i can see down the hall and the perp is easily in my sights. We take off for the summer each year and our coach works just fine for the two of us. Would a 40' be better? Yes but over time we have come accustomed to the size and have yet to be turned away from a park because we are too long. Good luck in your quest....
Burfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainecoons View Post
It is interesting that your coach still weighs more on the passenger side even with the kitchen and generator on the driver side.
nothing abnormal. on my coach, at pax side, there are fridge, washer/driver combo, the battery pack and the inverter; while at driver side, nothing other than the slide and the generator. when slide is out on a flat road, it does not lean to either side, indicating well weight balanced.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:12 AM   #8

I do not know what the target rig is worth.

If you buy it, you just set the market value.

On our rig it goes like this:

...I think it is worth $40,000.

...The insurance company seems to agree at $40,000 and charges me appropriately.

...Nada thinks the market value is $13,000.

No one has made me an offer I cannot refuse!
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:06 PM   #9

I paid 42000 for my 97 magna and I am well pleased with it.
Jerry226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:20 AM   #10

I paid 55k for mine last year. I looked at a bunch of junk before I found this one. I think it was on the high side but needed nothing newer tires and batteries and everything worked as it should.

I was talking to owners in my search and they would tell me their rig was mint to go and see something like this

1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:25 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry226 View Post
I paid 42000 for my 97 magna and I am well pleased with it.
Another series 40
Have you had any issues with it?
1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 10:30 PM   #12

You guys sure make me feel good. In February, 2005, we bought the last of the 04 model on the lot: 2004 Allure, 36' double slide, built in 03. I think the odometer just turned 34K last fall. Garage kept and everyone says it looks like 1 or 2 years old. We don't travel far but do a lot of boondocking so upgraded the batteries and added solar last year. Only two of us in the coach so 36' is no problem for us. Love how it drives; never a tiring experience. We took it to the shop for new tires and when we got back, the owner gave me three business cards from people who wanted to buy the coach. These are really sought after coaches. Good luck on your search. :-)
Old 04-23-2017, 07:05 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by barclay7568 View Post
You guys sure make me feel good. In February, 2005, we bought the last of the 04 model on the lot: 2004 Allure, 36' double slide, built in 03. I think the odometer just turned 34K last fall. Garage kept and everyone says it looks like 1 or 2 years old. We don't travel far but do a lot of boondocking so upgraded the batteries and added solar last year. Only two of us in the coach so 36' is no problem for us. Love how it drives; never a tiring experience. We took it to the shop for new tires and when we got back, the owner gave me three business cards from people who wanted to buy the coach. These are really sought after coaches. Good luck on your search. :-)
You wanna sell that?

Seriously though, that is almost no miles. And you live in a dampish part of the country. How do you keep that diesel engine happy? We aren't looking for another CC only because I'm concerned that even when garage stored in South Texas, we just won't drive it often enough or far enough to keep that engine and gen set happy.

What is your secret?
Old 04-23-2017, 07:19 AM   #14

Have the engine oil analyzed. Best money you can spend on an older coach.

Sounds like a very good deal to me.

My first coach was a 1995 with 100k miles. Fantastic experience.