Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:25 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
I would note...not to be a party pooper, but...

Get it like you want it, but don't think that a $30k paint job is going to increase the value of your coach much.

Several years ago, I was at Precision Painting in Bremen IN. A great shop by the way (although the manager of this shop has opened up his own shop now (Paul's in Wakarusa and I'd recommend Paul). We were looking at a 15 year old coach that the inheriting owners had had painted (coach value about 60k) at now were advertising the coach for $100k. No way were they going to get that kind of cash for the coach (a See Ya as I recall). Worth noting for the future. JMHO

DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2016, 08:25 PM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
joe
i see you go to ocala in winter dont known the name but there is a place in tampa fl.
that removes the old clear coat and re clears cost was about $6000 i can try and
find out the name if you want

Old 10-09-2016, 07:55 AM   #17

Hey there Kustom, YES. We are still working people and are careful of money spent. I know everyone is careful of money spent. I would rather re clear I think than the cost of a re paint. I would love to hear the name of the place so I can speak with them. This is almost half the cost of a re paint but what is the longevity? This is something to weigh of course. If you find their info please let me (us) know.
2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
2007 Subaru Outback
Winters in Ocala, summers in Pa and North East US.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 11:50 AM   #18

Country Coach Owners Club
The alternative solution for your rig might be mine.

If the clear coat is only peeling on the unpainted portions of your gelcoat, you can scrape all the clear coat off those areas clean the gelcoat and apply the Zep High Traffic floor wax.

I have replaced the clear coat as a novice painter, and that failed in three years.

Since my rig is only worth about $13k per NADA, I have elected to replace with the Zep treatment.

Most of the previously clear coated white areas of my rig have been done using about $15 of Zep for five coat applications.

The shine matches to the remaining clear coat, but it does require fresh Zep applied each year. Applying the Zep requires effort like hand washing your rig with a rag.

I have not tried the Zep over the painted areas.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:29 PM   #19

Hey Dean. I have been thinking about doing this also. My concern is I was going to do it this year so the coach looks decent going down to fla this winter. Would have to do some saving to get it painted next season, summer or fall. My concern is that if I use this product will it contaminate the base of the gel coat. I have read about this product and it looks great when applied. Just not sure of the long term implications if I do re paint the entire coach. Do you have any input on this part?
2007 Subaru Outback
Old 10-09-2016, 01:46 PM   #20

Just had the clearcoat re-shot on the top of my front cap. It was $1700 and they did a really nice job. I had it done at Truck Source (thank you SML Ranger) for checking them out. They are right off I95 in Ashland, VA. If you travel down I95 on your way to Florida, stop by and get an estimate.
Old 10-10-2016, 05:56 AM   #21

Do you have any info for Truck Source so I can call them?
2007 Subaru Outback
Old 10-10-2016, 07:52 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by funjnt View Post
Do you have any info for Truck Source so I can call them?
Sure, I talked to Robbie Batte and when I stopped by with the pictures he and painter looked at them and gave me the estimate. When I brought the coach in, they looked at it again and the estimate did not change. He told me Monday it would be ready on Friday and they called me Friday morning and told me it was ready.

Their contact info is: Robbie Batte, 11073 Washington Highway, Glen Allen, Va 23059. Office # 804-752-6079, cell# 804-337-7064. They are conviently located right off I95 about a mile west then south about a mile or so on west side of road.
Tom
Old 10-10-2016, 08:56 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomandGloria View Post
Sure, I talked to Robbie Batte and when I stopped by with the pictures he and painter looked at them and gave me the estimate. When I brought the coach in, they looked at it again and the estimate did not change. He told me Monday it would be ready on Friday and they called me Friday morning and told me it was ready.

Their contact info is: Robbie Batte, 11073 Washington Highway, Glen Allen, Va 23059. Office # 804-752-6079, cell# 804-337-7064. They are conviently located right off I95 about a mile west then south about a mile or so on west side of road.
Tom
Tom, so glad to hear this. We are still traveling but plan to take mine to Truck Source when we get back in November for re-paint/re-clear of my roof radius and top of front cap.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 10:17 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Tom, so glad to hear this. We are still traveling but plan to take mine to Truck Source when we get back in November for re-paint/re-clear of my roof radius and top of front cap.
Gary, thanks again for doing the leg work. I saw your post on the CC/Winnebago Service and good to hear they are up and running. Travel safe.
Tom
Old 10-10-2016, 11:16 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by funjnt View Post
Hey Dean. I have been thinking about doing this also. My concern is I was going to do it this year so the coach looks decent going down to fla this winter. Would have to do some saving to get it painted next season, summer or fall. My concern is that if I use this product will it contaminate the base of the gel coat. I have read about this product and it looks great when applied. Just not sure of the long term implications if I do re paint the entire coach. Do you have any input on this part?

I have no insight to removing the Zep and then painting.

I know a gallon of Zep wax remover is $10. And it seems to work for me.

I do not know if the remover is 100% effective for eventual painting, but it is just floor wax on the surface. Automotive wax gets removed to prep for paint on metal.

You could contact a potential painter and pose the problem to them.
1995 CC Magna #5280
Old 10-10-2016, 02:22 PM   #26

So Dean - If you like NADA prices, I'll write you a check for $13K! (Would be great to tow your coach as my MAN CAVE!) But, that $13K offer, is only valid if you toss in a yearly refresh of the ZEP!!!!

I saw a Safari coach where the owner had used Zep along the rails. Sure, it was not perfect, but was a very reasonable approach to cosmetically improving his rails.

I've always thought the lines of the era of the 95 Magna and Affinity CC designs, were classic CC. (And of course, I always like the Concepts too! We're parked to a real clean 95 41' Affinity now. They bought it from the first owner I think they said 5-6 years ago. It had always been garaged kept, and it shows that care today. Low miles when they bought it. Just one solid looking rolling piece of craftsmanship.

Best,
Smitty
Old 10-11-2016, 09:37 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
So Dean - If you like NADA prices, I'll write you a check for $13K! (Would be great to tow your coach as my MAN CAVE!) But, that $13K offer, is only valid if you toss in a yearly refresh of the ZEP!!!!

I saw a Safari coach where the owner had used Zep along the rails. Sure, it was not perfect, but was a very reasonable approach to cosmetically improving his rails.

I've always thought the lines of the era of the 95 Magna and Affinity CC designs, were classic CC. (And of course, I always like the Concepts too! We're parked to a real clean 95 41' Affinity now. They bought it from the first owner I think they said 5-6 years ago. It had always been garaged kept, and it shows that care today. Low miles when they bought it. Just one solid looking rolling piece of craftsmanship.

Best,
Smitty
Smitty, you must have one heck of a hitch on your rig to tow this 31,000 lb man cave.....

I will think a bit on that Zep application refresh caveat.

1995 CC Magna #5280

Tags
paint