Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-22-2017, 10:41 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to nacimiento Send a message via MSN to nacimiento Send a message via Yahoo to nacimiento
OMC

Has anyone had work done at Oregon Motorcoach Center since Jim left? I need some work done on my air/leveling system and I am concerned there might be other key employees that have left the business.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2017, 10:59 AM   #2

American Coach Owners Club
We were just there in August and didn't hear anything about him leaving. Very sorry that he left. He ran a great shop. Hopefully Matt and Elaina can find someone of his caliber to replace him.

exgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 11:25 AM   #3

We were just there on MON TUE of this week for airbag valve mods and adjustments.

We were told that Jim Cooley went on to Premier RV in Junction City and one or two techs followed him. Reportedly, when he gave his two weeks notice, he was fired on the spot.

Not sure what you will find when you arrive. The customer service was spotty, Matt was very nice to us though. ALL of the shop techs were friendly.

As far as the work goes, when they said our coach was finished, I thought that meant road tested or tested in the yard. On our way home, about 40 miles out of Eugene, a red corner light kept flashing intermittently on the HWH panel, and sometimes the green travel light and the red corner light would take turns flashing.
The bags were still holding us up at an adequate height so we drove the last 100 miles home.
When we arrived home I dumped the air for off-loading stuff and washing it.
When I re-started the coach after that the right side refused to automatically air up and the coach was laying on the tires on that side.

I am a little disappointed to have this happen after spending $1,150.00

I e-mailed the owner, Elaina, and she said she would ask some of her tech people about the issue. That email was sent WED afternoon, no reply and it is now FRI morning.

This was our first visit at OMC. Friendly, disorganized and not too effective, so far, in working on our older CC. I am hoping for a good end result but we will see.

BRex

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
BRex45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:12 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
I can vouch for the service I've received at Premier RV. If Jim moved over there along with a few of the techs, it can only be a good thing for Premier!
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT 525HP engine being pushed by a 2007 Cadillac CTS (4 down)
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:54 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
We always heard good things about OMC but have used the folks at CC/Winnebago both times we've been in that area and have been totally satisfied with the experience. It sounds like we have two great options side-by-side in Junction City, along with Kevin Waite.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 04:13 PM   #6

If it means a good deal for Premier, it could be a bad deal for the people that want service at OMC.
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:13 PM   #7

We left OMC on 9/6. And Jim was nice enough to pull our coach out for us so we could be hooking up the Toad, as they were cutting down trees in order to print out our invoice!

Does anyone know the Tech's that went with him? As the Tech's are the ones that do the work... and the talent of Competent Tech's has been stretched thin across the industry in general...

I never did not have the opportunity to work with anyone other then Jim while Bob Lee and his Terri Lee were the owners. Bob was fighting other challenges, and Terri was focusing on Terri. So he was the Management Face of OMC for the bulk of the times we've been going.

I did have positive interactions with Elena over this time, and met Matt about 4-6 weeks before the formal announcement of him and Elena taking over the helm from the Lee's.

OMC has been expanding their business base on a few fronts (Heck, probably more then I know of!). They are a Foretravel Authorized Service Center; They've been reaching out and working on Monaco and Winnebago products too; Matt is also creatively developing and building custom modifications with Mercedes Based Chassis vans. We saw some real creative usage of space, and cool features, on three of the vans their while we were. As the population of Country Coaches slowly drop, it is good to see them staying busy with other coaches and products.

Business is business, and Jim Cooley moving to Premier will be looked at by me just that - a business decision that Jim has made. I wish Jim and OMC well, and hope both thrive ahead.

Best to all,
Smitty
Old 09-22-2017, 07:30 PM   #8

I also echo Smitty sentiments, especially wishing Jim and OMC well. We are already planning our next visit to OMC.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:05 PM   #9

>>>>>BOY DID I MAKE A BAD STATEMENT IN MY POST!!!! <<<<<

My apologies to all for rapidly typed message, on the small keys of my phone, as my DW was driving us to meet some friends...

I had a very nice email from a fellow IRV2 member, and CC owner, who very diplomatically let me know I'd put my foot, both of them, in my mouth!!!

I typed:

"Bob was fighting other challenges, and Terri was focusing on Terri."

I meant to type, and sincerely meant:

Bob was figthing other challenges, and Terri was focusing on Bob..

I really appreciate the member letting me know they took exception on my posted statement, and rightfully so. I never had the opportunity to meet either of the Lee's, but know from talking to other customers, and the long term staff at OMC (Brenda comes to mind.) - that they are both 'Good People!'. So that makes my mental slip of typing Terri instead of Bob, that much worse.

My sincere apologies for that mistake.

Best to all,
Smitty
Old 09-23-2017, 09:07 PM   #10

Smitty, no problem with me.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:58 AM   #11

Thanks Wally. It was just too important of a mistake of names, to not correct. From what I've heard about the Lee's, they both loved RV'ing in general, as well as really wanting to have a world class service facility via OMC. (Which I believe the accomplished.)

Smitty
Old 09-24-2017, 02:49 PM   #12

Well, look at it this way, if Terri was looking after Terri she was in fact looking after the both of them. I have found only a couple of places that I want to have work done and OMC is right on the top of that list. The only coach I wanted was the one I have, so I have to say Bob and Terri did a hell of a job.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:38 PM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to nacimiento Send a message via MSN to nacimiento Send a message via Yahoo to nacimiento
Thanks to all for the unput
Old 09-25-2017, 07:31 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlAda View Post
I can vouch for the service I've received at Premier RV. If Jim moved over there along with a few of the techs, it can only be a good thing for Premier!
X2. Gary has been looking for good help. Sounds like he may have found it. His crew has always done topnotch work for us but the level of business kept growing and stretching them thin. At one point this year when I was trying to get an appointment, Gary was scheduling two months out. We're booked in for Tuesday, October 3rd. Am looking forward to it.

FWIW

Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, 2012 Cherokee Overland
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote