Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2018, 12:12 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
OMC vs Premier Service in Oregon

I'm looking for any recent information positive or negative about service you've had done on your coach recently (late 2017-2018) at Oregon Motor Coach and/or Premier RV Oregon. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank You
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2018, 12:16 PM   #2

Have not been to OMC since Jim Cooley left however, they will be on our list for this year. Bought our coach from Premier, August 2012 and thats the end of that.
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 01:43 PM   #3

Never been to Premier and since Cooley is there now,, I see no need to go especially since Eric left and struck out on his own.. The new service writer at OMC, Greg, does know his stuff. We were just there and and happy with the work. We have been usiing OMC for a number of years now.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:02 PM   #4

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Brad Barley is the service manager at OMC when I was there just last month. Repairs done OK except for not doing the slide alignment that I asked for. Possibly my fault as I stated the alignment then went into the main slide not working sometimes and all he wrote down was the main slide. I think the SmartWheel clockspring was overpriced at $495 (less 10% for CC membership) but don't know for sure.
After leaving things went downhill though. Check for body/paint damage BEFORE leaving.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 02:08 PM   #5

I was last at Premier in July 2017. At that time I arrived for a booked appointment. The work was done as scheduled and all items were repaired.

I have an annual check booked in a month and I am expecting the same level of great service which I have received twice from them.
2-Nickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 04:04 PM   #6

Oops, got the service manager's name wrong, it is Brad
Old 04-02-2018, 05:48 PM   #7

American Coach Owners Club
Is Dave still there doing the oil changes?
exgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 06:30 PM   #8

Where did Brad Barley come from?
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:41 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfalch View Post
Where did Brad Barley come from?
Originally from Country Coach
Old 04-03-2018, 06:36 AM   #10

We bought our consignment coach through Premier four years ago. It was an excellent experience then and as continued to be since. To the extent possible, we have had all of our service work done there. Exceptions being things like CAT valve lash (Peterson CAT, Eugene) wheel alignment (Kaiser Brake & Alignment, Eugene).

Dave and Tim are outstanding, knowledgeable, professional, and competent techs. They've recently added a new fellow, Willy, who has extensive CAT experience and works like Dave and Tim.

Jim Coomey has been a pleasure to work with. I still book appointments through Gary but work with Jim during the actual service.

No experience with OMC.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:07 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by exgman View Post
Is Dave still there doing the oil changes?
He was in Sept when we were last at OMC. First one in, and usually one of the last to leave. Brenda would sometimes come in pretty dang close to Dave!

And of course, the Matt & Elaina and their four footed friend(s) - were early birds too!

OMC was working hard to locate and bring in new tech's. And the branching off of custom modifications of the B's, was also a strain on both floorspace capacity, and the balance of using their staff. Especially in peak season. I understand the B modification business idea. Especially during the slower repair/maintenance season - this side of the business will keep staff busy, and help pay for the lights. It's still in the early phases of being integrated into what OMC is doing, and suspect the proper 'balance' between B mod's and supporting peak maintenance/modification times will require ongoing refinement!

Best to all,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:15 AM   #12

Have no comment on OMC. Only time I've been there was for an estimate on some upgrades. All of our work has been done at Premier for the last 2 years and I have been very pleased with their service.
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:46 PM   #13

We were overcharged for underperformance last year at OMC. They could not care less.
I am still trying to figure out where Dave, the tech with the belt buckle that proclaims "I'm drunk" screwed our suspension up. We had a low corner, (red light on the HWH panel) come on while driving home from HWH, got home and our rig collapsed in the driveway, sitting on the PS tires.

OMC could not care less about our problems, and YES I spoke with the owners.
Never again in this lifetime would we use or recommend Oregon Motor Coach.

Dave Cooley had just been fired, taking several techs with him I was told, and they were distracted by all of that. NO excuse though for poor customer service.

And I bet Dave does great with oil changes, though he told me he had worked on the production line at Country Coach, back in the day, NOT on the service side.......

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
BRex45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
He was in Sept when we were last at OMC. First one in, and usually one of the last to leave. Brenda would sometimes come in pretty dang close to Dave!

And of course, the Matt & Elaina and their four footed friend(s) - were early birds too!

OMC was working hard to locate and bring in new tech's. And the branching off of custom modifications of the B's, was also a strain on both floorspace capacity, and the balance of using their staff. Especially in peak season. I understand the B modification business idea. Especially during the slower repair/maintenance season - this side of the business will keep staff busy, and help pay for the lights. It's still in the early phases of being integrated into what OMC is doing, and suspect the proper 'balance' between B mod's and supporting peak maintenance/modification times will require ongoing refinement!

Best to all,
Smitty
What is the "B" modification you are speaking about?
sanddan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service