Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:46 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Ordering parts from CC

Does anyone know the "secret code" for ordering parts from CC? I have ordered parts from them before with no probs, but recently have run into roadblocks. All I get is voicemails, with no callbacks. The RV repair shops in my city won't even order parts. They tell me to order them and then bring it back for installation, with "good luck! as I leave. I'm so glad to have the support of a new CC but not at this level. Maybe I've just been hitting them at a bad time.

HavasuRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2015, 10:23 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Not sure why you are having problems. I am sure they are busy at this time but that is no excuse for someone not calling you back in a timely manner.

I usually check first with Kevin Waite who is a former CC tech who runs his own RV repair/parts business in Junction City. Kevin can usually get most of what you need quickly. When we were at CC in Junction City last summer, I saw him there several times getting parts for his customers.

541-953-6162

kvn.wt.7629@gmail.com

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:22 PM   #3
srh

Monaco Owners Club
There have been occasions where I didn't get much response from Kevin either, but have had good luck ordering from Martine at Premier RV. For example she was able to get me the rubber gasket by Girard (some 80 feet of it), the silver rings for the Puck lighting, just to name a couple. Here is her contact info:
541-221-7175
montgomery.martine@yahoo.com

Safe Travels!
Old 06-30-2015, 11:07 PM   #4

Thanks for the responses, but after three voicemails over four days, I finally got a call back. The crazy thing is that when they do call back, they are extremely helpful. I hope they get it fixed, because as I stated, RV repair facilities here don't like working on CC's because of the difficulty in getting in touch with Junction City.
HavasuRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:22 AM   #5
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavasuRed View Post
Thanks for the responses, but after three voicemails over four days, I finally got a call back. The crazy thing is that when they do call back, they are extremely helpful. I hope they get it fixed, because as I stated, RV repair facilities here don't like working on CC's because of the difficulty in getting in touch with Junction City.
NOT a good thing, for sure! Being busy is one thing, but not getting them to return your call doesn't bode well for their business!
Old 07-01-2015, 01:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Does anyone know the "secret code" for ordering parts from CC? I have ordered parts from them before with no probs, but recently have run into roadblocks. All I get is voicemails, with no callbacks. The RV repair shops in my city won't even order parts. They tell me to order them and then bring it back for installation, with "good luck! as I leave. I'm so glad to have the support of a new CC but not at this level. Maybe I've just been hitting them at a bad time.
Havasu Red,

I've always used email to contact the parts department at CC. Never had a problem.

parts@countrycoach.com
Old 07-02-2015, 11:31 AM   #7

Kevin Waite and Bob Vinson are both former CC employees who have repair facilities in the Junction City area. Premier RV and Oregon Motorcoach Center are also CC friendly repair facilities in Junction City. We generally use OMC for our annual maintenance. We have also had excellent response from them when we call for assistance. You might tell your repair facilities near you that the other businesses are also able to provide parts or tell them where the parts might be available.

By the way, Bob Lee, founder of CC, is the owner of Oregon Motorcoach.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:14 PM   #8

Quote:
I hate to say it but I've had the exact same experience trying to contact CC in Junction City. Very hard to get hold of but very helpful the few times I've succeeded. I have an older Concept and there are plenty of parts I've been trying to chase down. Glad to hear there are a couple other sources mentioned above.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:53 PM   #9

my experience with cc parts department has been great. over the past few years, i have ordered many small parts from them, such as door seals, window rain drop covers, etc. the technicians in there have been very helpful. at the beginning of this month, while i was in cc for minor services, i had the chance to see those people and get more parts. jenny and doug were very polite and showed their profession-ism. when i told jenny that i needed a 12v 175a midi fuse, she picked up the phone and called around to 3 or 4 auto stores and located one. she then told the store to deliver to cc while i was there. i was very impressed by their service.

your experience might just be an isolated incidence. try more you may change your impressions. good luck!
Old 08-25-2015, 10:19 PM   #10

I to have found them helpful but I think they can get so overwhelmed with calls and it just becomes to much to keep track of for them. I called a few weeks ago for a part and have not got a call back but I understand and will just call again. Kevin is very reliable and you can call day and night and he will answer his phone and find what you need but some information is only available via cc.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:43 AM   #11

Order parts from Kevin Waite. He's the parts guy.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:00 PM   #12

When I order parts from CCC, I always talk to Greg Bootes. He always returns calls by the following morning. I recently had a failure of my PTO/Power steering in Newfoundland. Greg did not have a pump but got on the phone and found one in Colton, Calif. He arranged to have them air ship the pump and Greg air shipped the wet kit modification parts the same day. They were in Newfoundland in 3 days. That's good service!
Jerry
Escapee #27953, FMCA #12697, Good Sam Life Mbr.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:55 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
When I order parts from CCC, I always talk to Greg Bootes. He always returns calls by the following morning. I recently had a failure of my PTO/Power steering in Newfoundland. Greg did not have a pump but got on the phone and found one in Colton, Calif. He arranged to have them air ship the pump and Greg air shipped the wet kit modification parts the same day. They were in Newfoundland in 3 days. That's good service!
Jerry

Agree, Greg is most responsive. In my experience Kevin was not the parts guy, but he did connect me to Greg. Overall, I've had inconsistent success with CC and will try OMC next time. But in the end, these have to be hard businesses to run and it must take passion to stick with it and provide the best possible customer experience time after time.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:24 PM   #14

I should mention that just this morning I received several apologetic emails from Gregg Bootes in response to questions I had emailed to CCC. Apparently they were having trouble with their server and weren't able to field emails until this morning.

Tags
parts