Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-01-2016, 06:58 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Oregon Motor Coach

About the time we get to Oregon this fall, it will be time for my annual chassis service. About to give up on the local yahoos and just get stuff done where folks know our beasts well.

I used CC last time we were there and was satisfied with their work. However, thinking maybe using OMC this time for chassis maintenance, get my roof radius repainted/re-cleared, and anything else that might pop up on a long trip.

Looking at their shop from Google Earth, they don't seem to have a lot of space and not sure I see any designated overnight spaces. Also, in case we would need to stay out of the coach overnight due to paint work, are there any hotels fairly close (La Quintal for example allows pets)?

Finally, in case we were to use CC again, are they still doing service at the main shop or has WGO moved that function to another location in JC?

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2016, 08:08 AM   #2

OMC

We were there a couple weeks ago. Had a good experience with them. They have several spaces you can overnight in with 30/50 amp power. They also have water and a dump station available;

Jim, Glenn, Dave were CC people back in the day. I think Dave was the chassis guy for CC. I learned a lot about our coach while there.

You can actually go into their shop to ask questions and see how your jobs are going. That's a big deal for me. Very friendly and willing to talk with you.

Here is their contact info:

Jim Cooley
Service Manager
Oregon Motor Coach Center
800-942-6860

Phil

Old 07-01-2016, 10:58 AM   #3

OMC has the room, it does not look like when you pull in however, they are quite good at juggling. CC service center is now on 4th Ave. Don't know of availability their. We parked in the back of the 1st Ave location and yes the train still runs all night. Eric of CC did the alignment.
2007 Allure 470 #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:20 PM   #4

Excellent people. Matt Carr just built me a stove top cover for my 2000 Allure. I would highly recommend them.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:59 PM   #5

American Coach Owners Club
I've used OMC since they opened and continue to use them for my current coach. Dave, the chassis guy does great work. I highly recommend them.
exgman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:29 PM   #6

I have been using OMC since they opened and never had any kind of problem. They have plenty of space to park with water & electric. There is a dump on site. There should be no reason for you to have to go to a hotel unless you are having some serious work done which would require the coach to remain in the shop overnight.

With a place like this, there is no reason to go to CC for any work. The guys here came from CC and the owner was head of the cabinet shop.

Forget CC for work, this is the place.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:56 PM   #7

OMC is a first class operation and was started by none other than Bob Lee and his son-in-law Patrick Mason. Eric and Elaina Carr are the new owners of OMC as of January 1st and carry on the professional, yet friendly tradition which Bob started.

OMC has been our service location of choice, even though we have to travel from Southern Nevada. Yes the service and attention to detail is that good. Many of the OMC personal have previously worked for CC and they know their "stuff". Jim, their service manager is our "go to guy" when we have problems on the road and need technical help. Glenn, Dave and Brenda (office manager) will be familiar faces you have probably dealt with back in the CC heydays :-)

As far as overnight space, we have been there when 12 to 15 coaches have been in for service and never had a problem. We are getting ready to head to Oregon after the 4th of July for our annual service at OMC. From there it is on to Junction City for eight new tires from Les Schwab.

Forget the shops in Junction City, OMC is the real deal.......

Old 07-02-2016, 06:43 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Folks, thanks for the great info. While we did have a very good experience at CC in 2014, I have read nothing but great comments on OMC.

Our travels with likely place us in that area in early October. I will give them a call and see how far in advance I need to make a service appointment.

My thinking on the potential need for a motel is due to needing the roof radius' repainted and some touch up on two of the slides (I have the bubbling of paint on the aluminum edges in a few places). Base coat, clear coat and time for cut and buff may prevent them from letting us have the coach for a night to two. I have tried to find someone more local to me to get that done but, as we all know, our coaches are more than just another vehicle that needs some paint work. Often these places cause more issues (see my thread about the shop replacing my carpet killing my batteries).
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Old 07-02-2016, 09:44 AM   #9

" Eric and Elaina Carr are the new owners of OMC as of January 1st and carry on the professional, yet friendly tradition which Bob started."

I think Matt Carr is going to be surprised that Elaina is married to a guy named Eric
Old 07-02-2016, 11:13 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
" Eric and Elaina Carr are the new owners of OMC as of January 1st and carry on the professional, yet friendly tradition which Bob started."

I think Matt Carr is going to be surprised that Elaina is married to a guy named Eric
Ha ha, I was thinking the same thing
Old 07-03-2016, 10:58 PM   #11

You know from previous post, that I'm a fan of the gang at OMC. Had a very positive experience with Matt, when they were in the process of wrapping things up assuming control of OMC.

We'll be stopping for our yearly 'fix it and maintenance list' in October.

Hope your experience goes well, and please give my best to the gang at OMC!!!

Smitty
Old 07-04-2016, 09:27 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
You know from previous post, that I'm a fan of the gang at OMC. Had a very positive experience with Matt, when they were in the process of wrapping things up assuming control of OMC.

We'll be stopping for our yearly 'fix it and maintenance list' in October.

Hope your experience goes well, and please give my best to the gang at OMC!!!

Smitty
Smitty, how far out did you make the service appointment?

Thanks.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:54 PM   #13

Send a message via Skype™ to CarlAda
Visiting them next week to talk remodeling ideas...flooring, window treatments, front tv replacement/cabinetry...more maybe?
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 being pushed by a 2007 Cadillac CTS (4 down)
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 07:08 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlAda View Post
Visiting them next week to talk remodeling ideas...flooring, window treatments, front tv replacement/cabinetry...more maybe?

We've replaced sofas, cabinet hardware, faucets, TV's and carpet. About the only thing left we'd like to do is replace the gold shower enclosure with brushed nickel. I am sure they could do that but not sure how long it would take for them to get the new enclosure. Will talk to them about that when I call to make the appointment.

You folks living in Oregon or near there have it made in terms of getting your CC's serviced. It would be great to be able to drop it off, go home and let them do their thing.