Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-04-2015, 12:15 PM   #15

no worries, but post 11 must have been too vague; hence post 13. I was thinking that 10 and 215 were maybe in Wisconsin. We're in Alabama.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2015, 09:47 AM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
no worries, but post 11 must have been too vague; hence post 13. I was thinking that 10 and 215 were maybe in Wisconsin. We're in Alabama.
Only California's refer to their highways as THE 10 and THE 215! See, you learned something new!

Ray
2000 Country Coach Intrigue

Old 10-14-2015, 10:01 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
If as you state the coach will sell for $20,000 less than NADA low retail that gives you a $20,000 repair cushion to make repairs if needed. I did this 5 years ago and I did spend all of the repair cushion on the coach. Some was repairs and some was upgrades. I now have a good running, good driving and good living comfortable coach so I consider all that a good deal. Got what I wanted and payed what it cost. There is no free lunch.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:38 AM   #18

Well thats what u get when you go west......
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 11:06 AM   #19

We bought ours with 78k miles, now after 3 years coming up on 92k. No issues with chassis/powertrain at all and no reason to expect any. Maintenance is done regularly and we have no qualms about taking extended trips. We have replaced and/or upgraded items. New window treatments, convection oven, slide toppers, had awning and side mirror arms powder coated. We'll likely replace flooring and maybe do some interior furnishing upgrades down the line but for not too much money we have a reliable, comfortable camper
datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 10:48 PM   #20

Country Coach Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
...and that would be where? Can you recall the name of the place that helped you?

My plan is to have the coach go into the shop tomorrow and I won't be going to pick it up for several weeks; giving them enough time to inspect, consult, order parts and repair. Anyway, that's the plan.

BamaBoy, how is your coach doing?
Old 01-31-2016, 07:44 AM   #21

Ray, that deal fell apart. On the eve of the shop going to pick up his coach in order to take it back to the shop (3 miles away), the owner stated that he didn't want the rig leaving his property. Uh, how to road test it? How to check suspension, fluids, etc?

He then agreed to drive it to the shop himself, but never made it there on the scheduled day. Those red flags were enough to suggest that the coach had some serious issues that he knew they would find. I told him to donate my deposit money to a charity and let it be. No, he never sent me a refund.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:05 AM   #22

Rick - Sorry the seller turned out to be questionable in character! And suspect the deposit is donated to his lifestyle...

If he advertised on Craigslist, I always appreciate seeing warnings from potential buyers that uncover a seller with less then straightforward business practices.

And for sure, not worth letting it get in your way of looking for the next coach..

Best,
Smitty