Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2014, 11:16 PM   #1

Over the road AC and heater driver side not working

I have a 2001 MAGNA Haven and the over road ac and heater vents on the driver side have stopped working. The passenger side and rear bedroom work fine. I have checked the fuse and it's fine.
Has anymore experienced this program and if so, what was the problem?
01ccmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2014, 08:54 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Look under the dash and trace the hoses to the vent one probably fell off. Another thing to consider is running your generator and house AC while you're going down the road. There's been a lot of discussion on this subject. Some advocate that this will save you fuel others say that it just exercises the generator. I had a rep from Cummins/Onan state that the generator at max load will only use about a gallon of fuel per hour. If you have a Silver Leaf you can pick a flat stretch of road and check it yourself with the mileage readings. Good Luck
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:29 AM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01ccmagna View Post
I have a 2001 MAGNA Haven and the over road ac and heater vents on the driver side have stopped working. The passenger side and rear bedroom work fine. I have checked the fuse and it's fine.
Has anymore experienced this program and if so, what was the problem?
Most likely your dampers and diverters in the HVAC plenum are vacuum powered. A leaking or unhooked hose, or a bad vacuum 'motor' is likely the issue. If vacuum is not hooked up at all, usual practice is for all air to be diverted to defrost, so it's working a little.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Most likely your dampers and diverters in the HVAC plenum are vacuum powered. A leaking or unhooked hose, or a bad vacuum 'motor' is likely the issue. If vacuum is not hooked up at all, usual practice is for all air to be diverted to defrost, so it's working a little.
On the heater side of things, and I'm talking Engine/Chassis heat thru the front dash here, sometimes the hoses go bad or as mention 'valves' don't open up and allow hot fluid to circulate to the area. I've seen when inspecting used coaches, where hoses have been 'bypassed' closing off full loops of hoses to the front of the coach.

On AC, I'm not up on these enough to know why the passenger side would work while the driver side was not. I loose or crushed hoses could be involved..

Best of luck on solving this, and I'll follow along to learn with you,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 04:25 PM   #5

Paul: Had the same problem with my 02 Allure. My DS was inop. Turned out the pneumatic servo motor was hanging up due to the Z link catching on the side of the servo motor. So, my servo is under the coach next to the HVAC 'box'. Adjusted the Z link and now have correct heat or cold coming thru the vent.
Also, look for the seams leaking air on the HVAC box. Seal with Al tape used in a.c. repair from Lowes.
As always be careful under your coach. The area I mention is best accessed from the front. Lots of room to roam!
Hope this helps.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:58 PM   #6

Have you monkeyed with the funky switch that lets the pax control the settings?
Old 12-06-2019, 11:55 AM   #7

I was having a similar problem and asked the mechanics at OMC about and they hit a switch next to the one that activates the slid out floor that covers the stairs. It was a miracle, the heater started working.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:58 AM   #8

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper9x9 View Post
Look under the dash and trace the hoses to the vent one probably fell off. Another thing to consider is running your generator and house AC while you're going down the road. There's been a lot of discussion on this subject. Some advocate that this will save you fuel others say that it just exercises the generator. I had a rep from Cummins/Onan state that the generator at max load will only use about a gallon of fuel per hour. If you have a Silver Leaf you can pick a flat stretch of road and check it yourself with the mileage readings. Good Luck
Silverleaf only keeps track of fuel used by the main engine, not the gen or AquaHot.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper9x9 View Post
I was having a similar problem and asked the mechanics at OMC about and they hit a switch next to the one that activates the slid out floor that covers the stairs. It was a miracle, the heater started working.

That's the funky switch I was referring to
Old 12-10-2019, 08:24 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
That's the funky switch I was referring to
Here's a picture of what the funky switch looks like. (see attached)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1012898 (2).JPG
Views:	43
Size:	343.8 KB
ID:	269072  

Tags
heater, driver, heat