Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:10 PM   #15

Colo.kids thanks for posting this. I have the opposite problem mine runs on high all the time and this may help me figure out which sensor is bad (or bypassed previously). On my CAT C9 when they pulled all the diagnostics from the ECM it shows that it should run on high for 180 seconds and then go to low speed.

2005 Inspire 330 Davinci, #51334. C9

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2014, 08:06 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpark View Post
I'm glad you posted HoleInOne. I've read about these issues and fixes (and attempts at fixes) before. But I'm not sure I've seen a repair place come through narrowing down the issue by putting the coach on a dyno. I will absolutely remember that for the future. And unless I missed it please post the name and location of the CAT service center. I'm beyond expecting any place to be 100% perfect in their diagnostic abilities, but still expect to be treated fairly. The business comping the dyno strikes me as trying to play fair. Thanks
The dealership was Ring Power in Lake City Florida. They are a statewide dealer with multiple locations.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:58 PM   #17

Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
HoleInOne, I had a similar problem and suspected the temp sensors but I found that the fan was running at full speed most of the time (draws about 40 hp) but when I crawled underneath while it was running and wiggled the six wire connector it would slow down like it should have automatically. I did purchase the entire module but do to the difficulty installing the entire unit I separated the electronic portion (where the six pin connector is and attached it to the hydraulic portion still on the fan housing. Completely took care of the problem without the mess of the oil. Later I installed a switch on the left side of the dash that I had wired to the fuse (#1 bay, drivers side) so I could test to see if the fan was running full speed or not. (it is suppose to default to full speed with loss of 12 volts). This also allows manually going to high speed fan when starting up a long grade in warm/hot weather so as not to wait for high temp to finally turn fan up to full speed.
That was with 05 Inspire #51399....now have an Intrigue.
JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:40 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duoglide1 View Post
Colo.kids thanks for posting this. I have the opposite problem mine runs on high all the time and this may help me figure out which sensor is bad (or bypassed previously). On my CAT C9 when they pulled all the diagnostics from the ECM it shows that it should run on high for 180 seconds and then go to low speed.

If the fan controller is unplugged the fan will continually run on high. The testing should show the bad sensor(s), as it did in my case.
colo.kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:00 AM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
Thanks colo.kids
Just came down off the Bighorn mts heading East and guess what running 220 and warning lights blinking!!!!
I remembered this thread but no service so we eased to Gillett camp Wal-Mart got on line red your post let her cool a bit tested (Bad coolant sensor) left it unplugged and headed to Keyhole SP temp stayed under 180. What a trip saver!! Just wanted to say THANKS
I'll get a sensor ordered in the morning.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:22 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
2dogsbarkin: Really glad to hear the post was of benefit to you. I have now replaced my coolant sensor but have yet to determine if that is the fix I need. We leave Sunday for SW Colorado and SE Utah so we will know soon. If you need any assistance re replacing the unit please PM me as I obviously "have been there/done that".

Safe travels...cool running
colo.kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 11:49 AM   #21

Anyone now why CC won't call me back
Called 4 time over 4days left message with coach ser. No. And that I needed a coolant sensor
No call back so got on line and found one (not easy) but found one from Colton Truck 909-825-4080 it will be here Monday
Thank goodness I wasn't broke down, we needed to be 300 miles up the road by Monday
I don't like to bitch but there in no excuse for this
Old 09-21-2014, 04:48 PM   #22

Colo.kids, I do not have a 6 pin connector visible. Do I need to remove the 4 bolts and take the electronic box off to get to that. I have a 3 pin connector and another small one with two wires going into a small connection? I now know the PO capped off one hydro line and capped off one connection to the controller. It's obvious now why it's on high all the time. I know the module was changed in 2009 as I have the receipts from S-D and correspondence regarding the CC factory info on it. What I don't know is if fact the plugged line goes to the plugged port or if they were moved around. The line to (from) the top port is connected to the hub.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:42 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogsbarkin View Post
Anyone now why CC won't call me back
Called 4 time over 4days left message with coach ser. No. And that I needed a coolant sensor
No call back so got on line and found one (not easy) but found one from Colton Truck 909-825-4080 it will be here Monday
Thank goodness I wasn't broke down, we needed to be 300 miles up the road by Monday
I don't like to bitch but there in no excuse for this
I have had the same non response twice. There are other vendors in CC's area that give good or better service response.

1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote