Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2016, 05:20 AM   #1

PAC Brake not coming on.

We have a 2000 Allure and the last time the coach was out the PAC Brake worked fine. We went out this last weekend and it doesn't work. If you turn it on there is no light on the dash either to show that it is on. Anyone else have this? I of course haven't looked for fuses or anything yet as we just got in last night. Thanks for any input!
2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
2007 Subaru Outback
Winters in Ocala, summers in Pa and North East US.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2016, 03:26 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Sounds like a fuse problem or a bad electrical connection. Doesn't sound like anything mechanical.
Jerry
2005 Country Coach Inspire Quad Slide w/C9-400 Kitty Kat, 2013 Honda CR-V, "RVing since 1968". Escapee #27953, FMCA #12697, Good Sam Life Mbr.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 05:34 PM   #3

The rod could have some crud on it. I lube mine twice a year with their oil.
Maintenance | Pacbrake
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 03:37 PM   #4

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by funjnt View Post
We have a 2000 Allure and the last time the coach was out the PAC Brake worked fine. We went out this last weekend and it doesn't work. If you turn it on there is no light on the dash either to show that it is on. Anyone else have this? I of course haven't looked for fuses or anything yet as we just got in last night. Thanks for any input!
When new my 2000 Intrigue had a failed exhaust brake from the very beginning, it was a difficult problem to fix as several service centers couldn't fix it.

An Country Coach rep at Lazy Days in Tampa, Tim Reed, told me I will fix it and he did!
He was one of those rare techs who looked at the manual and the electrical drawings which I had in the coach, he found a bad relay in the steering bay. Replaced the relay and have had no issues since that fix over 14 years ago.
If you trace the signal on your electrical drawings you should be able to determine which relay that the signal goes through. It's a place to start and if that isn't the issue, the drawings may lead you to the issue.

Ray 2000 Intrigue
CntryCoachRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 04:53 AM   #5

I love this place. Thanks for the lead I will certainly run it down. I have the drawings and will look. I also have a drawing for the pac brake wiring as well. Thanks again I will let you know results. You don't have a pic of the relay or part number to aid in my locating do you? Thanks!
2007 Subaru Outback
Old 06-30-2016, 08:08 AM   #6

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by funjnt View Post
I love this place. Thanks for the lead I will certainly run it down. I have the drawings and will look. I also have a drawing for the pac brake wiring as well. Thanks again I will let you know results. You don't have a pic of the relay or part number to aid in my locating do you? Thanks!
I will have to go back and look at invoices to see if the invoice has a part number, I will also go through the electrical drawings to see if I can excite the brain cells into recall mode. 😎

Ray
CntryCoachRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:00 AM   #7

Mine is older not sure this helps.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:35 AM   #8

Mid Atlantic Campers
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1467300422.545477.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	131659
This is the drawing from my manual, since your Allure is the same year as my Intrigue, they are probably identical in this respect.
The VIM module has a cover secured with several screws, you should be able to identify the Exhaust relay by looking for wire #75, 268 and A132. If the relay is the cause of your problem you can trace those wires to see if you have a continuity problem.
You should also be able to use a jumper wire by apply voltage directly to the PAC brake to see if it is function. I use one of those battery jumper boxes for a portable 12 volt supply. If you have one it simplifies the task. Good luck.

Ray
Old 07-01-2016, 05:23 AM   #9

Hey Ray thanks for the print. I downloaded the first pic from pac brake as that is their schematic. The second seems to be CC wiring diagram. I will look for that for sure. I did read on one of the sights that the switch on the dash is normally open for no brake and when closed it goes to ground from the cummins computer first, then the computer sends the signal to energize the pac brake solenoid. Anyway I will start looking this weekend. Thanks for the help!
2007 Subaru Outback
Old 07-01-2016, 06:35 AM   #10

Don't want to confuse you but the pic from the pac brake book is my 98.
Your 2000 has the same 3060 trans.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:11 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
The rod could have some crud on it. I lube mine twice a year with their oil.
Maintenance | Pacbrake
mike brez
The fact that funjnt's PacBrake light on the dash does not illuminate when he turns his PacBrake ON indicates that he has an electrical problem, (not a mechanical problem like crud on the rod).
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 07:32 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
mike brez
The fact that funjnt's PacBrake light on the dash does not illuminate when he turns his PacBrake ON indicates that he has an electrical problem, (not a mechanical problem like crud on the rod).
Mel
'96 Safari
Your correct which is why I then posted the pac brake wire diagram and Country coach wire diagram but stated it was from a 98.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:01 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
Your correct which is why I then posted the pac brake wire diagram and Country coach wire diagram but stated it was from a 98.
mike brez
Understood

Hopefully using that wiring diagram the OP should be able to find and fix his PacBrake problem.

Mel
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:35 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Sounds like a fuse problem or a bad electrical connection. Doesn't sound like anything mechanical.
Jerry
Had the same issue and mine was a fuse.
2000CC11055 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake