RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-06-2017, 09:57 PM   #1

Passenger foot rest

Not sure that's the correct name for it, but the one in my 97 Allure won't extend, unless I don't know how to make it work. On my headlight switch panel there's a switch that looks kike a teeter-totter.. There's another one with the same symbol on the console in front of the passenger seat. I've tried engaging both of those...the one in front of the passenger seat is push on push off. I thought I noticed the slide trying to move, but it was imperceptible. I'm inclined to take off the panel in front of the passenger seat to see you what's behind it because I suspect the wiring would be in there. Unless there's a switch combination I haven't found that will make it work. I have tried it with both the engine off and engine on and step switch off and on.

Qwimby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2017, 10:03 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Mine have always been on the side of the seat, not the dash on the last three MH's we've had.

Do you have the owners manual? Mine is on a CD but it shows the switches on the seat for everything.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:47 PM   #3

Just for clarity, there is the stairwell cover which has a control at the passenger side and on the main panel, and there is a part of the passenger seat which extends much like a recliner to offer leg support, and the control is on the passenger chair. Are you talking about the stairwell cover?
Terry Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:54 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Power footrest controls should always be on the seat itself (one side or another.)
Snocat4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Jay View Post
Just for clarity, there is the stairwell cover which has a control at the passenger side and on the main panel, and there is a part of the passenger seat which extends much like a recliner to offer leg support, and the control is on the passenger chair. Are you talking about the stairwell cover?
It's the stairwell cover. Can anyone confirm that the teeter-totter labeled switches are for this?
Old 07-07-2017, 10:49 AM   #6

On my 98 I have a 3 position toggle switch that must be held in the up position to close and down to open. Letting go of the switch springs it back to the middle position and the operation stops. Mine is on the dash near the radio marked stairway cover or something like that.
1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2015 Wranagler JKU towed
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
On my 98 I have a 3 position toggle switch that must be held in the up position to close and down to open. Letting go of the switch springs it back to the middle position and the operation stops. Mine is on the dash near the radio marked stairway cover or something like that.
I have nothing like that in mine.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:53 AM   #8
DTS

If I recall correctly, the switch on my 98 Intrigue's driver's side console that looks like a teeter-totter is actually for the exhaust brake. On my '98 Intrigue, the switch for the stairway cover is in the center of the dash, just above the slide-out switch (or, if you don't have a slide-out, it would be just below the swivel for the snack tray). It's a sideways mounted rocker switch, momentary in both directions to move the cover in or out.
1998 Country Coach 40' Intrigue #10544
DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:39 PM   #9

2015 Wranagler JKU towed
Old 07-07-2017, 05:51 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
Thanks. I'll take a look next time I go over to it. I know I had the exhaust brake working but it wasn't that switch as I recall. I'm not a neophyte, having traveled the country for six years pulling a 24' 10,000-pound trailer, but that was 15 years ago and I've forgotten some things.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:18 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
If I recall correctly, the switch on my 98 Intrigue's driver's side console that looks like a teeter-totter is actually for the exhaust brake. On my '98 Intrigue, the switch for the stairway cover is in the center of the dash, just above the slide-out switch (or, if you don't have a slide-out, it would be just below the swivel for the snack tray). It's a sideways mounted rocker switch, momentary in both directions to move the cover in or out.

This is what controls the stairwell cover aka "trap door". The teeter totter switch you described on the drivers console is the exhaust brake. The stairwell cover is a press and hold to operate toggle switch in the center of the dash above the slide controls (if you have one).

'98 CC Allure
Old 07-11-2017, 04:22 PM   #12

Mine looks like this

2015 Wranagler JKU towed
Old 07-13-2017, 04:12 PM   #13

I located what I'm sure is the proper switch. It's on the front panel just left of where the passenger sits. I'll remove that panel and I think I'll be able to get to the back of the switch to put a test light on it. If I'm not getting power, I don't have a clue where the fuse might be. I'll look for it. If it is getting power the problem is obviously in the mechanism. I can wobble it in its channel so I don't think it's jammed, but I have no idea how this thing operates. Can anyone describe the design so I'll know what I have to fix? Worm gear? Piston?