Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-07-2014, 05:27 AM   #29

Ok so I have a question what is this battery switch and panel light switch do I hit them but I dont see anything happen?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-07 05.34.20.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	350.8 KB
ID:	64790  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2014, 07:14 AM   #30

The battery switch is probably a booster. If your engine batteries are low the switch will add power to the engine batteries from the house batteries for starting. Not sure what the panel light switch would be.

Old 06-07-2014, 10:30 AM   #31

The panel light switch turns on the panel lights on the dash without the main light switch being on.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 03:00 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
"well I signed up and tried to look thru the site it is horrible to read stuff in there."

I agree, the "new" yahoo site is horrible, no the new site sucks! I have been looking into getting a new website set up for us CC owners. The hard part would be getting all of the archived data, pictures, etc. moved over
Good to hear others have problems with the Yahoo forum, I thought it was just me and my abilities. I finally quit using it a year or so ago and now just check here.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:44 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanInAlberta View Post
The battery switch is probably a booster. If your engine batteries are low the switch will add power to the engine batteries from the house batteries for starting. Not sure what the panel light switch would be.
I have a battery boost button up above where all my coach level system, and tank info and everything else.

what about a button called vms display?
Old 06-07-2014, 06:46 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralko View Post
The panel light switch turns on the panel lights on the dash without the main light switch being on.
cool I will have to check it out and flip the switch when it get dark out. thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebaler1 View Post
Good to hear others have problems with the Yahoo forum, I thought it was just me and my abilities. I finally quit using it a year or so ago and now just check here.
yep yahoo is horrible.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:16 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykiller View Post
I have a battery boost button up above where all my coach level system, and tank info and everything else.

what about a button called vms display?
The VMS display on my coach turns on the "Display" on the dash where you access all the info in regards to generator, tire pressure and just a bunch of other info.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:44 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanInAlberta View Post
The VMS display on my coach turns on the "Display" on the dash where you access all the info in regards to generator, tire pressure and just a bunch of other info.
just went and tried this and it does I always had the key on and flip the switch so I never seen it.

thanks
Old 06-08-2014, 09:09 PM   #37

I got sound now I found out the speakers run thru a amp and runs with the DHS system. I pressed the DHS system button and presto I have music.

Looks like I will be needing an alternator bearings are going out and a weak output to the batteries. I have a Leece Neville alt part # AOO14884JB and it cost over 500 bucks well I did a cross ref check and I can put in a Delco direct drop in alternator for 152 bucks so I am ordering up the Delco alt.
part number for the Delco if anyone wants it is 8600307 or if you go to Auto Zone it crosses over to part number 8745N but there price is 297 bucks.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:13 PM   #38

Finally got to do my maiden camping trip with the coach it went good for the most part and still need to go thru and address some other things before I travel farther with it. But its more of a comfort to address not any mechanical problems.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	FB_IMG_1402442595634-1.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	315.2 KB
ID:	65169  
Old 06-11-2014, 10:16 PM   #39

All cleaned up from the truck wash and heading home.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20140611_150113.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	327.6 KB
ID:	65170  
Old 07-15-2014, 02:30 AM   #40

Well a little update I finally decided to change my alternator since I am going down to Hilton Head RV Resort this Friday and dont want the old alternator to crap out on me.I have to say the Delco alternator is such a nice compact unit compared to the Leece Neville and way cheaper to buy new than even getting the Neville rebuilt. So as you can see old crappy huge 50 pound boat anchor alternator compared to nice small compact and new Delco alternator.

Also if anyone switches you don't need the ignition switch going to the alternator because the new alternator is self exciting and doesn't need an external power source to excite the field but if you do hook the wire up you will not be able to shut down the motor with the key you will have to hit the e-stop button.

Then I decided to change the front tv last night since I had to stay up all night (I work swing shift) to a flat screen but forgot to take a picture but will get that later and post it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20140709_103626.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	336.3 KB
ID:	67926   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140713_125510.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	344.4 KB
ID:	67927  

Old 07-15-2014, 10:30 AM   #41

Leece Neville used to make a alternator that would last 300000-500000 miles in tough over-the-road conditions.
The Delco is a cheap alternative but you get what you pay for, IMO.

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
BRex45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:35 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRex45 View Post
Leece Neville used to make a alternator that would last 300000-500000 miles in tough over-the-road conditions.
The Delco is a cheap alternative but you get what you pay for, IMO.
Well apparently you need to do better research as the Delco unit is far better with internal wiring made to stand higher operating temperature, it is self exciting, has a dual internal fan as a Leece has one external. also the Delco has a higher efficiency rating so less horsepower loss to make the same amps compared to the Leece.