Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:29 PM   #1

Have you found a good tip that may be helpful to others? Post it here! Thanks Ron

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2007, 09:29 PM   #2

Have you found a good tip that may be helpful to others? Post it here! Thanks Ron

Old 12-19-2007, 05:40 PM   #3

When we came down south this year, the frig wouldn't cool on propane. Turned out to be soot in the burner orfice. Blew it out and it fixed it.
Denny
94 Affinity

Fulltimers in
Dennis Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 06:48 AM   #4

People complain about windshield wipers going bad and having problems replacing them. Whenever I park my coach for long periods of time, I place blocks of wood under the wiper arms and the windshield that are just high enough to raise the wipers off the glass. I have been doing this since the day I bought the coach new. Todate I still have the original wipers on the coach and they work as good as they did when new.

2000 CC Allure
dcgrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 08:28 AM   #5

When we first started RVing, one of the first things I did was loose the big hitch pin on my Roadmaster Falcon towbar. When we unhooked the toad, I set it on the car bumper. I forgot about it until time to hook up again. It was a mad scramble to find another one.
After that I put short chains on all the removable parts on the tow bar. Nothing gets set down now.
I also found that low branches would knock the vent cap for the holding tanks off. I put a chain on each one. Fixed that too.

Fulltimers in
Old 01-19-2008, 08:52 AM   #6

I had a lot of trouble removing the hitch pins when I unhooked the car. I had to hammer them out. I found that if I held both releases down, while the wife pulled the car forward a couple of inches, they pulled out easily.

Fulltimers in
Old 01-20-2008, 07:04 AM   #7

Thanks for the tip Dennis...what kind of hitch are you using?
Old 01-20-2008, 09:26 AM   #8

I use a Roadmaster Falcon 5250 tow bar.

Fulltimers in
Old 07-30-2008, 10:26 AM   #9

A tip given to me by another RVer: When unhooking a motorhome-mounted towbar from the toad: (1) disconnect the electrical umbilical from the toad, (2) put the toad in Park and start the toad engine, (3)turn the toad steering wheel from lock to lock and then straighten up the wheels, (4) remove the pins and stow the towbar. Prior to learning of this tip, the towbar was frequently in just enough of a bind that it was very difficult to push the towbar extension release pins and/or remove the pins holding the towbar to the toad spreader bar. Holding the extension release pins and having someone else move the toad backward or forward will work but I have always been a little nervous about standing between 2 vehicles that are moving with respect to each other (plus the fact that I don't always have someone with me to move the car back and forth while I hold the extension pins down). Since learning this little trick, I have always been able to release the extension pins and/or pull the towbar pins without help and without getting a hernia.

2006 CC Inspire DaVinci (Moby Dick)
trollw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:37 PM   #10

I cut two six (6) inch sections off of an old swimming noodle and use them under the windshield wipers. They are very light and do an excellent job of keeping the wipers off of the windshield.