Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-25-2014, 07:55 PM   #1

Power Gear Slide Adjustment?

2005 CC Inspire 330 40' Coach.

Front Driver's Side Slide
Power Gear
P/N: 523172
S/N: 0405044601

Sheared the bolt. Second time in a year or so. Even some slight paint trauma on the slide that sheared like perhaps it tried to pull it in too far.

The closest I could get the two slide ends to index is +- 1/2" or so with the rear of the slide (the sheared slide). I haven't tried to close it after replacing the bolt. Checking in here first.

Will they even out some after running in and out?
Can I further fine tune the equalization of the front and rear of the slide?
Do I need to adjust the stops some?

Other thoughts?

Many Thanks!

Craig

DoubleCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2014, 10:07 PM   #2

A couple of things. You want to replace the bolts with the power gear bolts and torque according to spec to minimize breaking. The factory bolts hve a longer shoulder with very little thread. Once I had replaced all mine I no longer sheared. As far as the timing on the slide. I don't have my inspire any longer but I remember being able to move the ger to the side and skip a tooth to retime the slide. If you find it out of time with the shear bolts lined up remove the cover behind the front wheel well and work with that gear. Its a fairy easy job. Turning the wheels will give you more room. Hope this helps.
Rod

Old 06-25-2014, 10:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IASM View Post
A couple of things. You want to replace the bolts with the power gear bolts and torque according to spec to minimize breaking. The factory bolts hve a longer shoulder with very little thread. Once I had replaced all mine I no longer sheared. As far as the timing on the slide. I don't have my inspire any longer but I remember being able to move the ger to the side and skip a tooth to retime the slide. If you find it out of time with the shear bolts lined up remove the cover behind the front wheel well and work with that gear. Its a fairy easy job. Turning the wheels will give you more room. Hope this helps.
Rod
Thanks Rod! I did put in a bolt I received directly from CC this time. The one with the weird self locking nut. Do you recall the torque spec? Was it pretty snug or cranked down really tight?

It is the rear support on the slide that is giving the trouble. I am accessing it via the propane tank compartment, and it is a little tight alright. I will check it out tomorrow.
DoubleCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:38 PM   #4

To synchronize you can do either end. Its a lot easier to work the forward end. If I remember right there are stops you can measure the distance and make them the same. Mine was a tooth off. As far as the bolt. It was almost break tight. Also remember the powergear slide has no limit switch so its wise to make sure whoever is on the switch to stop at contact and go easy at the end of travel. If you remove the shear pin and manually turn the gear until everything measures the same then move the gear back off the rack and re-align the shear bolt preferably without moving the rack. Hope this makes sense.
Rod
Old 06-25-2014, 11:55 PM   #5

Craig
I have never replace the shear bolts on mine but did order 4 from Kevin Waite in Junction City. I would just get the bolts tight.
One thing I did see was the 4 bolts that hold the drive motor in place, I could turn by hand. I removed each one at a time then cleaned and apply Blue Loctite then cleaned the track inside and used a Teflon Dry Film spray to help when it goes up.
Hope you get yours under control.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:29 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The Power Gear techs are available via email and respond quickly. Their address is info@powergearus.com

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 08:08 PM   #7

Rather than OEM bolts, I drilled the holes out and installed 5/16th Stainless bolts. Better than new.

Tags
power, power gear, slide