Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2013, 07:34 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Problem with water pressure and Hydro Hot

We have a problem in our coach maintaining water pressure, whether on city water or from the tank. I suspect either the water pump or pressure valve. The pressure (especially in BR faucets starts off well, then begins dropping off after a few seconds to a minute. The kitchen is even worse, and the shower is difficult to use because of this lack of pressure, even when turning water off while sudsing up or washing hair. At times the water pump seems to cycle every second from off to on. Even when I'm on city water and try to use bypass we just do not have the 40 to 50 pounds of pressure we should have. I do not have a pressure gauge I can add on the faucets to check the actual pressure, just notice an extreme lack of flow.

Could this water pressure problem cause the Hydro Hot in zone 1 to not work? I suspect yes because we do not get enough pressure to pump hot water to the front heat exchanger. We get good heat in zone 3 (bedroom) but only cold air in zone 1. (I have discussed this hydro hot problem in another thread and have tried the recommended fixes and T/S attempts.

This has been a frustrating problem let me tell you. My wife is not happy, and consequently I'm not happy! I'm already too bald to pull too much more hair out.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2013, 07:41 AM   #2

Do you have a whole coach water filter? I was having low pressure issues, I pulled the filter and put just the housing back on, instant increase in pressure. The Shower actually sprays now instead of just dribbling.

Mal
Maladjusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:52 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
When you are using city water, the pump us bypassed. So I'd say it can't be your pump. You have a blockage somewhere and as stated above, it sounds like a water filter is clogged.
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:58 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
You got some real problems to deal with.

First off, the Aqua-Hot issue is totally separate from your domestic water supply issue.

Do you use a good water pressure regulator AT the spigot? If not buy yourself one from this place.

RV Water Filter Store: Standard Filter Canisters for Whole RV

I would recommend the X65BG model.

Here is a link on the discussion of water pressure and water flow.

RV Water Filter Store: Standard Filter Canisters for Whole RV

Starting at the hose, have you measured pressure and flow coming from the hose? Then move on to the coach. Some have restrictors built-in to the city water hookup, get rid of it. It does nothing except cause people headaches.

Once you have determined that you have good pressure and flow going into the coach, try various faucets without the aerator and screens that are screwed into the faucets.

Make sure ALL of your filters have been changed with new ones. Do you have a ADC filter under the kitchen sink?

Disconnect the output side of your water pump, attach a flexible hose to that side and turn the pump on to see what kind of water pressure you have with the pump.

You have a bunch of work ahead of you to trace down where your restriction is located and how to get rid of it.

WRT the Aqua-Hot, you have to make sure that each pump motor for each zone is working/running when you call for heat in that zone. When you turn on each zone you should be able to hear and feel the motor turning.running.

Also contact Roger Berke, a member of this forum who also is the owner/moderator of the Hydronic Heating discussion forum. He is a wealth of knowledge and will be happy to help solve you problem.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #5

I will have to look into the water problem. I will investigate some more. We do have a whole coach filter. Just replaced at end of March when we picked the coach up. I will try pulling it.

The pump looks like it is turning on Zone 1 of the Hydro Hot. I have to make an appt. with the dealer to check.

edit: Well, the whole coach filter was the cause of the low pressure problem. I removed the filter for now. This is the input to the coach. The filter was new in March, but the coach was not being used FT on May 2nd. Surprised that the filter was bad after that time frame.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-06-2013, 04:55 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medico View Post
I will have to look into the water problem. I will investigate some more. We do have a whole coach filter. Just replaced at end of March when we picked the coach up. I will try pulling it.

The pump looks like it is turning on Zone 1 of the Hydro Hot. I have to make an appt. with the dealer to check.

edit: Well, the whole coach filter was the cause of the low pressure problem. I removed the filter for now. This is the input to the coach. The filter was new in March, but the coach was not being used FT on May 2nd. Surprised that the filter was bad after that time frame.
Ours also had the whole house filter but the dang housing was so difficult to access, I just removed the element and am using a similar whole house water filter attached to the hose. Easy to monitor and change the filter element with the portable filter.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:08 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medico View Post

Assuming your filter cartridge was not defective, you have a water supply problem (dirty campground water). Don't leave the filter in bypass, or operate without a cartridge, for long. You may need to replace the cartridge on a far more regular basis.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:20 AM   #8

We did take a 4 day trip and hooked to one water system for an overnight stay. It was just after this trip we started having the problem. I have to assume that may have been the problem supply.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tags
water