Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:28 PM   #1
Questions 04 Country Coach Inspire Davinci 350

Trying really hard to find the best used DP I CAN in the 2004..2006 year. Looking for input on 2004 Country Coach Inspire Davinci 350. 40 ft., It is on a Dynomax chassis, 94,000 miles on it. I read that Dynomax is a high quality chassis, IFS, Side Radiator...GVWR 32,800 lbs., Allison 3000M...3 slidea. If the coach has been well maintained....would you be concerned buying one with 94k miles assuming fair price? If well maintained....is 100k miles considered just barely broke in ? Or ?.. Is there a place on the web where you can look up a Vin# for a CC and find out all the info in the chassis ..like you can do with Freightlner Chassis? Please, any and all info/opinions of those who own or have owned this model and year or very similar, will be very much appreciated. How does this chassis ride, corner, take the rough roads, handle side winds and push from passing trucks,,, how tight is the turning radius ?

Pusherdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2013, 09:13 AM   #2
Country Coach Owners Club
If well maintained, coach should be fine.

100,000 miles is a lot of miles in the mind of the buyer so future value is impacted.

However, the owner used and relied on the rig for those miles. There is a good chance that the rig was maintained to run another 100,000 miles.

Those with really low accumulated miles may not have had regular maintance over time.

1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
My concern is does mileage reflect use. I think all will agree the chassis are built to take the miles. A coach could have low miles but may have been lived in for a great amount of time creating were and tear.Its the house use that concerned me with my upgrade I just did. I bought a coach with 35k but only 400hrs on gen and 25 hrs heat. I currently have an inspire ,upgraded to a magna, and found it to be a great entry level coach. Do your home work as you are doing. verify rad,cac,pto,windows,tires and any leaking and you should be fine. Post any specific questions and you will get quick answers .
IASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
As noted, the mileage is not really a concern if the drive train has been properly maintained. If you plan to keep the coach for a long time, it won't make a lot of difference. However, if you think you will keep it for 3 -4 years then buy or trade up, potential buyers may have a problem with high miles.

When we bought the Allure this past April, it only had 32K miles. However, it was a one-owner coach and I was able to verify that it had been maintained properly. It seems many folks buy nice DP's and put few miles on them.

If high miles is a concern for you, there are many, many nice used high end DP's out there with fewer miles.

As to the Dynomax chassis, I can say that what I see of the Dynomax on our Allure and comparing it to the Freightliner chassis on our previous DP, The Dynomax is superior....more study, handles, rides and drives better. What impresses me most is how quiet the coach is compared to what we had. Squeaks and rattles are pretty much absent unless you are on the roughest of roads.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #5
Buy what you like and want. Generally high miles will be reflected in the price. With 94,000 miles you want a price close to wholesale book. I bought our coach at the bottom of the super recession with 85,000 miles on it and paid significantly under wholesale book. I have driven it close to 30,000 miles since than and the repairs we have had with it have not been related to miles.

IMHO 2000-2006 was a very good era for CC coaches. At that time the industry and Country Coach were flush with money and many makers put out very good product. There were some flubs, like dry PTOs, early flush windows, rear radiators, and so on. Dry PTO's can be fixed. And early flush windows that leak air can also be replaced. Rear radiators cannot. 32,800 seems kinda light. What does it have for CCC's? Our chassis is way over that.
B Bob
Country Coach 42' Affinity
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 07:17 AM   #6
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Most diesel engines and drivetrains, when properly maintained, will go over 400K to 500K miles between rebuilds. Just look at all the over the road trucks out there.

How hard was the coach used? Is there wear and tear in the interior? Have a mechanic look over the coach for you, someone who KNOWS what to look for.

If you are getting the coach to turn around and sell it in a couple of years, then the mileage may be a problem. If you are planning on keeping it, no problem. As far as cost, look around. I got my 2006 Magna well below wholesale with only 43,000 miles on it. It is in great shape. You just have to take your time and find a motivated seller.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #7
Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
I would be more concerned with too low milage. A coach approaching 10 years old with low milage means it sat with out running the running gear, engine, etc. My understanding is that without use sludge builds and even corrosion because the moisture doesn't get burned out. Ask a diesel mechanic about it.
08 Intrigue
2014 Ford Edge
JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #8
X2 JohnFreyja - Nothing worse for a slide seal than sitting for a year without flexing. Or a generator sitting for a year.

B Bob
Country Coach 42' Affinity
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote