Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Radiant floor heat

The tile floor heat in my 2006 Intrigue is not working. I have power to the thermostat but no heat to the floor.
Can anyone direct me to a trouble shooting guide or offer suggestions?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
I'll be watching for the responses since only one of my floor heat sections seems to work. I also have power to the two T-stats, I can hear both of them click when calling for heat, they display the temp but I only get heat from the floor near the rear of the coach. Nothing in the front. I figured the heat wires/strips under the floor have failed.

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
there should be a couple of wires where they come from thermostat to where they enter the floor under the tile. This will require some real hard looking as where they would be located maybe concealed by cabinets, walls or trim.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #4

If the heat matt that is under the tile goes bad the only fix is to remove the tile put in a new section of heat matt. You can disconect it at the stat and test it with a ohm meeter it it is open then its bad.
Mine do not work but going thru all that is not somthing I want to do. I don't miss it that much.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogsbarkin View Post
If the heat matt that is under the tile goes bad the only fix is to remove the tile put in a new section of heat matt. You can disconect it at the stat and test it with a ohm meeter it it is open then its bad.
Mine do not work but going thru all that is not somthing I want to do. I don't miss it that much.
I agree. I figured the heating wires/mat, whatever it is under the tile is shot. I am not pulling up the floor to fix it. It was not a big deal to us.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote