Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Radiator Cleaning

I've always admired side radiator motorhomes, especially since they are usually associated with higher-end coaches. After cleaning mine today, I am even more impressed.

Having had a rear radiator pusher for the past 8 years, I had come to appreciate if you don't clean them at least annually, they will likely run hot when you ask the engine to work hard. It was always a messy ordeal.

Today I did the Allure. Sprayed the outside and inside (what I could get to inside) with my usual mix. Let it sit for about 10 minutes, start the engine and then flush with clean water from the outside. Basically, there seemed to be no dirt or grime in what came out. When done, I did notice the fan blades are now very white.

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #2

Being away from the slobber tube vapors, and up the side of the coach away from the rear wheel dust, really helps the rad stay clean .

Old 07-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #3

I have found that my side radiator is the bane of dusty campgrounds. I've seen people look up and see me coming but I'm never able to see if they are giving me the 1 fingered salute. They just disappear into a dense cloud of fine dust. I had to replace my radiator on my 2002 coach because the Alu just started falling apart. I also try to keep it clean and it does make a big difference in it's cooling capacity.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper9x9 View Post
I have found that my side radiator is the bane of dusty campgrounds. I've seen people look up and see me coming but I'm never able to see if they are giving me the 1 fingered salute. They just disappear into a dense cloud of fine dust. I had to replace my radiator on my 2002 coach because the Alu just started falling apart. I also try to keep it clean and it does make a big difference in it's cooling capacity.
You have the "dust cloud" possibly caused by a bad fan controller. Another thing that causes the cloud is having your climate controls on the dash set to either "vent" or "AC" Having either one selected causes the fan controller to call for an increase in fan speed and this is where you get the cloud.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:36 AM   #5

Thanks Don. I'll check it out.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper9x9 View Post

Source Engineering

Have a look and give them a call.

joe

Tags
radiator