Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2018, 05:09 PM   #1

Rear Camera Lens Cover

Our '03 Magna Resort does not have a lens cover on the rear camera. The camera lens itself gets blurry and hard to see the toad when we are kicking up water off the road.

We were at Kevin Waite's place this past May and I asked Kevin if he could put a new cover on the lens. Kevin said they didn't put lens covers on the rear cameras when the coach was made. He had another CC in a stall and he told me to take a look that that coach didn't have a lens cover as well.

Hard for me to swallow that CC didn't cover the lens.

Would you folks the a look at your coaches and let us know if you have lens covers....

Thanks,

Phil
CCRyder 505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2018, 05:27 PM   #2
TTD

I do not have a cover. The back cap is contoured down and the camera sits there, at a slight down angle.

However, I replaced it with another camera as mine was not clear anymore.

I mounted a new camera, with a cover, right below the old one - and used the same cable.
TTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 12:26 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 505 KittyKat View Post
Our '03 Magna Resort does not have a lens cover on the rear camera. The camera lens itself gets blurry and hard to see the toad when we are kicking up water off the road.

Would you folks the a look at your coaches and let us know if you have lens covers....
Thanks,
Phil
Ours has a cover of sorts. It is a strip of plastic molded into the body's fiberglass that covers the actual camera lens. Notwithstanding, we have the same problem you do. Water swirling around in the turbulence behind the coach while going down the road when it rains collects on the cover and frequently obliterates the view.

I've studied this some but have not come up with a solution that would work and be tidy and unobtrusive as well. I'm interested to know if you come up with anything.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 12:57 PM   #4

Rainx on the lens might help it shed the water buildup. I don't like it on my windshield as it affects the wiper blade function but on side glass and anywhere else you want water to shed and bead off it works great.
sanddan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, cover