Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2016, 11:26 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Rear Torsion Bushing Repair

This picture is of the driver side torsion bushing held in place by a large nut and washer as part of the rear suspension of a Gillig chassis. The bushing is the darker component behind the big washer.

A small piece of the rim of the rubber bushing fell to the ground the other day.

In this picture you can see some deterioration of the bushing edge. The bushing fills the cavity behind the nut and washer.

How critical a deal is losing a small part of the bushing from the sandwich?

Has anyone had to have these bushings replaced?
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2016, 09:11 AM   #2

I have a dynomax chassis and we had ours replaced. How critical is it???? I suppose it's something to put on the list but I don't think I'd stop driving it and have it towed to be repaired. If it's got a lot of slop in it I'd get it fixed.
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:28 AM   #3

Thanks for your experience.

Could I ask what the cost range was for your repair? That info would help me shop for the repair service.

This type of maintenance/repair does not seem to be discussed in the forums much.
Old 10-15-2016, 10:16 AM   #4

Transverse Beam Bushing

I guess I mis-labeled this bushing description.

It is a bushing for the Transverse Beam of a Neway ARD 125-6 rear suspension.

The bushing appears to fit other Neway axles also and should cost about $25 for the part.
Old 10-16-2016, 09:17 AM   #5

Actually what I had replaced was the sway bar link bushings and track bar bushing boots (complete new track bar).
Parts sway bar bushings $65, dual track bar $170 freight $239. Labor $750. (there were tax charges but those vary by state and county) I had Rocky Mountain Cummins in Henderson Colorado do the work. Hope it helps
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 09:49 AM   #6

Thank you for the prices.

Yes it helps me since it would seem my repair would be simpler.

It seems I could do it myself. Just remove a great big nut and washer and change out a bushing.

But, I suspect it is not that simple on these big suspensions.
Old 10-16-2016, 10:17 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
..................But, I suspect it is not that simple on these big suspensions.
I would think that the bushing would have to be pressed in which might not be easy without the right tools. I don't think it is a slip fit.
Old 10-16-2016, 04:31 PM   #8

I agree that you would probably need a hydraulic press to get the new one in. You may also have to put jacks under the frame to take the weight off the suspension. I would also bet that nut is torqued on there pretty tight. Believe I would leave this to the professionals.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair