Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Remodeling with extras!

Well daughter expecting in a few weeks figured it would be a good time to sit it her driveway and get some remodeling done while Wendy gets in some baby time.
Going to remove the carpet and put in lam. or hard wood, Also removing the couch on the kitchen slide and building a retractable tv and desk unit.

BUT I noticed a bulge on the side under the refer, access and the screws holding the bin door broke off!!!! Upon inspecting I found the seal around the refer access was leaking and the screws rusted off.
Pulled everything off the side I could removed all the rotted wood cleaned up everything replaced the wood,reinstalled the access panel (With lots of sealer)
Had to drill all new wholes for the bin door hinge and seal up all the old holes.
THEN Wendy tells me there is a bulge in the panel inside next to the pasenger seat.
Sooo removed the seat and started digging around. Seems the seal around the side window was leaking as well. Now I have the whole side from the door to the slide ripped off, removed the window and sealed it, going to let it dry out a few days then cover it with 1/4" plywood and paint it.
Not sure when I'll get to the floor and TV only have till Sept.
Try to get some pics up soon.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Wow, water damage is every RV owner's potential nightmare. I discovered what appeared to be a slight amount of interior wall damage around the lower corner of the toilet room window. Removed the interior trim and can see where there was a leak and the previous owner had it re-sealed. Will be keeping an eye on it. It appears that the window cut out was a bit too large for the window and it did not seal properly at one corner.

I am curious about your carpet replacement plans. We're keeping our carpet for now but I am always plotting and scheming. Bedroom carpet is in great shape but the small piece in front of the driver's side LR slide will need to go in the near future. How do you plan to address the fact that the big slide runs along and rests on the carpeted floor? I would be concerned about it scratching a wood, laminate or plank vinyl floor.

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #3

Well I removed the couch today and pulled the carpeted front plate off the slide riser to get ready to remove the carpet.
So I was looking around under there and found a heavy plastic block that the slide is suposed to ride on but the bracket that holds it was broke (Wondered why the counter top always leaned down on that end) Removed the bracked NO FUN ran to the local welder and were back in business, And the counter top is leavel!! First time since we bought the coach.
Tomorrow the carpet. I need a beer!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:43 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Wow, water damage is every RV owner's potential nightmare. I discovered what appeared to be a slight amount of interior wall damage around the lower corner of the toilet room window. Removed the interior trim and can see where there was a leak and the previous owner had it re-sealed. Will be keeping an eye on it. It appears that the window cut out was a bit too large for the window and it did not seal properly at one corner.

I am curious about your carpet replacement plans. We're keeping our carpet for now but I am always plotting and scheming. Bedroom carpet is in great shape but the small piece in front of the driver's side LR slide will need to go in the near future. How do you plan to address the fact that the big slide runs along and rests on the carpeted floor? I would be concerned about it scratching a wood, laminate or plank vinyl floor.
I know my slide rolls along rollers that are mounted on the mh floor. There is no issue with what I did to my floor, it never is touched when the slide goes back and forth.

As a side note, I worked for 3 months on a complete remodel and upgrade of my mh. 3 months and $12,000 later, I don't think there is anyway I would ever trade for any other no matter how good the deal is. I fixed a lot of rot and did many things I know are good, and I don't think I could ever find one that I would be as happy with.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote