Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
Removing carpet and installing laminate

Has anyone removed their carpet and installed laminate flooring? carpeting is nice and I vacuum daily, but I think it will be easier to maintain laminate, especially when I camp at the Oregon coast after it has rained. Thank you.

ja63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #2
See I have just like putting it in your home had no problems with it

Randy blase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #3
Laminate floor

Any photos you can share? Thanks. Doing the work is easy, lots of experience, just wondering if you are happy you made the change.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #4

I haven't, but I don't think it would be a tough job. Just pull up your carpet and install the laminate just like you would in a house. Much easier in your RV since it is a much smaller space.
JadedDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #5
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I found a carpet layer man that did it as a side job. I had him remove the old carpet, first he had to unbolted and remove the furniture, then install new carpet under mat and then nice carpet. I just could not stand walking barefoot or in my socks on hard flooring all the time. Cost me $600 for whole job.

It is quieter and warmer with carpet. There is one piece vinyl tile flooring in kitchen and bath.
'94 Bounder 32h. Chevy V-8 44k miles and like new. Tow 4 down '85 Nissan 4x4 Kingcab
Retire in 1yr. 3mo. , but who's counting
mr300ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:55 AM   #6
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I have removed the carpet and replaced with laminate. You can use the google search function at the top of the site and see many projects and pictures that members have posted.

I am glad that we did this as we travel with 3 small dogs predominately in sandy soiled areas (Eastern NC). The floor still requires a daily cleaning but is much easier for us with a broom verses dragging out the electric broom.

I have posted a link to my pictures of the project, I hope it works.

Jeff & Elaine
2015 Thor Challenger 37GT
Eastern North Carolina
Chickenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #7
You did a great job, thanks for sharing. We travel with an 8 pound cat and a 110 pound Rottweiler, and whenever possible a 6 year old grandson and 12 year old granddaughter, so to make cleaning easier would be nice. think we will go for the laminate, then add some rugs I can throw in the washer. We steam cleaned the carpet right before this 7 week trip, but it doesn't look like we did. As we head home now. great photos!
Old 04-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #8
I just removed the laminate the previous owner installed as a floating floor with padding. Ice maker leaked into and under the floor and the padding absorbed it like a sponge we did not notice it untill slide out went crunch after the flooring warped. I have seen where many pros suggest a glue down installation like you would a kitchen. We replaced ours with a good grade of vinyl from Home depot thad you can use grout with. Most people think it is real ceramic because of the grout. If you want more info on how we did the job let me know. We also had to restore the subfloor as a result of the leak that went undetected for a month.
southtexbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:04 AM   #9
Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
I install hard surface in coaches more then installing carpet
Ernie Ekberg, Bluebird Wanderlodge- 43
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:43 AM   #10
Chickenman that came out nice.

2015 F350 Lariat Diesel Dually, White, Hitch Kit.
2013 Dutchman Voltage 3200 Epic II 5th wheel.
BCooke is offline   Reply With Quote