Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:11 PM   #1
Replace Nor Cold

I am working on getting our CC Ovation up to operating condition. It is amazing what 4 - 5 years of sitting by the previous owner will do. We want to change out the TV's and the NorCold. This NorCold is my third one and I never had much luck with the first two. So my question: Does anyone have a good company to recommend that would do the tv's and a Samsung 197 for me. My priority would be a good installation and decent woodwork. We live in central Iowa and would be willing to head a couple of states in any direction.

Ed and Barb Burgess
2004 42' Country Coach Tag, Intrigue
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
gbburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2014, 09:39 PM   #2
I definitely want to track this tread as we will most likely be picking up an '04 Intrigue Ovation next Saturday and are considering the same thing.

2004 Country Coach Intrigue Ovation 525
2007 Chevy Silverado 4x4 toad
bluegrassrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:52 AM   #3
Ed (I assume Ed!) you mentioned you had the 1200 in other coaches, and you specifically asked about the Samsung 197 install. I have know recommendation for area shops that can do this and the TV for you.

Your usage may be more of the 'from park to park', with power at each park. We boondock for weeks at a time, and like the added option of being able to have LP. So, we went overkill on our 1200 with the following mod's:
-SS30 fire protection in rear of fridge cabinet
-Amish cooling unit
-Two extra fans, one on at all time, the other I can switch on in desert heat usage
-We do not use the ice make, had it removed for more freezer space, use ice trays
-Inside battery powered fan to assist circulation
-Added smoke detector to back of fridge cabinet too
-We do every 6 months maintenance on the burner area, vs yearly

We will add the ARP with remote display unit in November.

Our 1200 had 'OK' space for our needs (admit the DW has away of filling it up). And, we have hard ice cream and 30-34 fridge temps, while set on setting 4 or 5 (5, if in real hot and humid conditions.) This has been about two years of usage so far.

When we shopped for our coach, having a fridge in the non slide area was a requirement. If a 1200, or other fridge, is in a slide, then adding extra cooling vent fans is a good idea.

One last thing we did when adding the Amish Cooling unit, we really took a good look at the insulation around the tubing. Either the OEM build was sloppy, or someone after this, had removed insulation around some of the tubing that required it. This can make any fridge, LP or Electric mode, work harder then it should.

Don't get me wrong. Going Samsung 197 is a good way to go, if you are a 'park to park' user. Or, if you have a beefed up battery bank and solar panels. Or both! I just wanted to share that so far, our mod's have yielded great results, and, we are very happy to have retained the LP feature for non power usage. And, I feel very safe with the mod's we have made, and added safety devices.

Cost? After we add the ARP control unit in November, it would have been cheaper to put in the Samsung, not by much, so call it a wash. (Well, the DW would still be upset if we had lost the two drawers under the fridge!)

Best to you on your hunt for a place. You might browse RVSERVICE Reviews, to see if anyone mentions that kind of work in close by shops.

Travel safe, have fun,
Roo II is our 04 Country Coach Allure 40'
OnDRoad for The JRNY! Enjoy life...
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote