Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:47 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Replacement Corian Cooktop Cover

When we bought our 99' CC Allure last year we knew the Corian Cooktop cover was missing. What we didn't know was how difficult it would be to replace it. I called CC and they would make a new one for me for $750 yikes!! I know that we can buy a Cooktop cover made from wood or something else but I really want the increased counterspace and the look of the matching Corian. I went to Home Depot to buy "some" Corian but they would only sell me a full sheet, which made CC's custom job sound cheap. Has anyone been faced with replacing the Corian Cooktop cover? I would appreciate any tips.

1999 Country Coach Chandler Allure 40' #30392
MBuschor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2015, 09:32 AM   #2

The odds of finding the Corian that matches your 99 era counter are a real crap shoot. Especially having an offsetting inserted color edge, like in the bullnose.

Some CC specific shops, other then CC, sometimes carry remains. You might try calling OMC, Kevin Waite, Premier, and ask them if they by chance have that specific color.

And a final option, is to call around to some of the RV Graveyards, and see if they might have a CC in their mix that just happens to have the color you need. That would be real luck, but I suspect the lowest possible cost.

After that, it's just a simple decision on how much you want to spend - is it worth $750 to you to have a matching stove insert? I suspect a good cabinet shop would be happy to make you a nice piece of cutting block type wood that could fit into that spot nicely. Gives you the counter space, and might also look pretty good in contrast - I bet for a lot less then $750.

Good luck to you, and let us know what you end up doing,
Smitty

Old 07-03-2015, 11:00 AM   #3

Just call local cabinet shops that do kitchens.

Many do corian and if you find an old shop that may have a good supply you may be in good shape.

Next check yellow pages for plastics suppliers as they have lots of odd stuff and many can custom make it.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:03 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBuschor View Post
When we bought our 99' CC Allure last year we knew the Corian Cooktop cover was missing. What we didn't know was how difficult it would be to replace it. I called CC and they would make a new one for me for $750 yikes!! I know that we can buy a Cooktop cover made from wood or something else but I really want the increased counterspace and the look of the matching Corian. I went to Home Depot to buy "some" Corian but they would only sell me a full sheet, which made CC's custom job sound cheap. Has anyone been faced with replacing the Corian Cooktop cover? I would appreciate any tips.
I suggest you make one from a hardwood such as birds eye maple. It would work as both a cover and a cutting board making it more functional that corian.

Also more attractive IMO.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:38 PM   #5

When CC went belly up, Matt Carr bought all the corian they had. He might have some so give him a call. We have had our entire counter tops replaced by him and can report that he does excellent work

Cabinetry Artisan Matt Carr Marking 25 Years | RV Business
Old 07-04-2015, 10:25 PM   #6

Dons2346

Wouldn't it be better to say something along the lines of "When Country Coach was reorganized under new owners, Matt Carr bought all the corian they had"? The term "belly up" gives the wrong impression. Just a thought. Unless you don't like CC?
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 10:37 PM   #7

B Bob, I do like CC and you can see, I do drive one,but when the company went BK, it was being run by a bunch of idiots. The company was not "reorganized". It was full bank bankruptcy and Ron Lee bought most of the assets. All assets were put on the block thanks to the Howard brothers who thought that the Veranda was going to save the company.

No, I still say the company went belly up due to mismanagement.

Sorry if you don't agree
Old 07-05-2015, 08:07 AM   #8

I appreciate everyones comments and suggestions. I have sent a message to Matt Carr and he has already responded. He needs the color of my Corian and a picture of the inlay. If he does not have it in stock he can make a new one. I will post how this turns out. Thanks again
1999 Country Coach Chandler Allure 40' #30392
MBuschor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:13 AM   #9

Silly question...

Did you look under the shelves under the stove?

Ours fit in sliders under there and if slid back you may miss them.

Tags
ace, replace, replacement