Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-17-2015, 04:16 PM   #1
MTT

Replacing front shocks

I have a 2007 Country Coach Intrigue 42 foot. I want to replace the front shocks. Any suggestions on a good shock absorber to replace them with? Brand and part number etc would be grear too. Doesn't look like they are hard to replace. Any suggestions or tips? I'm surprised at how small they are. Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2015, 06:41 PM   #2

Just replaced all of our sjoicks on our Monaco with Bilsteins comfort rides. Very very jhsppy with them

Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:43 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
I installed Road Kings all the way around. Made a huge difference in handling.

But there is a guy here that put them on a Magna and said they were to harsh
Old 07-17-2015, 09:14 PM   #4

I put Road Kings on my Magna and love them, what a difference in ride quality.

2016 Ford Taurus - Toad
Steve n Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 01:04 AM   #5

We had the 2.5 at all locations on our 05 inspire and really likes them. Good service. With or magna it was suggested to go 3 inch on the front and 2.5inch the other positions. We installed the 3inch and found them to stiff. The rig handled well but I thought the cabinets were going to come loose. Road King requested that we send them back and they would put them on a dyno and run some test. The 3 inch are massive shock with the ability to provide incredible force which has to be controlled .I should know the results in a week or two. Im still a fan of there products and understand were just dealing with a little r and d.
rod
Old 07-20-2015, 02:58 PM   #6

We do have the RK's 2.5" on all locations. I'm good with the ride and the handling. It's a bit stiff on the front end, but I think it would be ok if I did not have the Michelin XZE*. The "*" XZE's have stiffer sidewalls. I went with these primarily for the rear, just in case we 'kissed' a curb while doing tight turns over the 7 years of planned usage. We're at year five now, and when we replace them I'll again go with he XZE* on the rear and tag, but probably the XRV on there front, and if I have room, bump it up from 12R.

OK, back to shocks. I feel it would be worth a call to Koni, to ask them if they have a "99" shock for your application. Many of the Western RV Alpine owners are very a happy with the "99".

Best of luck to you,
Smitty
Old 07-25-2015, 12:31 PM   #7
MTT

Replacing shocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTT View Post
I have a 2007 Country Coach Intrigue 42 foot. I want to replace the front shocks. Any suggestions on a good shock absorber to replace them with? Brand and part number etc would be grear too. Doesn't look like they are hard to replace. Any suggestions or tips? I'm surprised at how small they are. Thanks
Thanks for all the help. I contacted Road King and they are building me a set.

Tags
shocks