Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:13 AM   #1
Country Coach Owners Club
Residential Refrig Cost?

Two reputable RV repair/renovation facilities in Lakeland Florida are estimating $2400 - $2500 for labor to install a residential refrigerator in my 2008 CC Tribute. To those who have researched or have done the conversion, does that sound like a reasonable price?

2008 CC Tribute 260

LtColMPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2014, 09:20 AM   #2
Originally Posted by LtColMPW View Post
Two reputable RV repair/renovation facilities in Lakeland Florida are estimating $2400 - $2500 for labor to install a residential refrigerator in my 2008 CC Tribute. To those who have researched or have done the conversion, does that sound like a reasonable price?

2008 CC Tribute 260

At first blush it sounds pretty high, how ever, it depends on the size of the frig, the size of the hole and the amount of work evolved in the project. These conversion jobs are essentially all different and the shops tend to give themselves wiggle room. Since you will be in that area, get a price from Alliance Coach in Wildwood. They do good work and have a lot of experience in doing that job.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07

Steve Ownby
Full time since 2007
2003 Monaco Signature
Steve Ownby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:58 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
About 3 years ago I paid $2100 labor to have residential installed in a Winnebago DP so they are in ballpark. Mine involved some cabinet mods/wood work.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 10:48 AM   #4

If there's major cabinetry work required the numbers could be correct. But if it's just a remove and install the numbers are way too high. I installed my Samsung myself and it wasn't a big deal, but no cabinet work was required. The new fridge fit inside the original opening with a just small amount of work required.
07 Inspire 52059
BarneyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:13 PM   #5
I had mine install by Kustom Coach Works in Junction City, Or along with a Magnum 2812 PSW inverter and control board for $725 (6.5hrs), like Barney not a lot of cabinet work.
This is not my install but it is the same.
Samsung Refrigerator Install
2 stroker
2006 Country Coach Inspire 360 40ft Genoa Designer Series, Samsung 197 RR
Cat C9--STEEL & COPPER Bolt Together Radiator w/ updated rubber mountings
SilverLeaf 330 Magnum 2812 PSW 2011 Ford Edge Sport-Air Force One
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:27 PM   #6
We just did ours and it took two of us about six hours to remove the old one and install the new. A lot of that time was spent measuring and planning. Having now done it I think we could do the job in under 3 hours. $2500 sounds really high!
2006 Country Coach Inspire 40' Davinci w/ Cat C9
Seitz372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:57 PM   #7
Most shops charge between $2000.00 to $2400.00. It is a bit of work, but not rocket science. I have installed two myself, one mine , one for a friend. Any chance you may know someone who could help you do it yourself?
06 TS-42-DS04
1040 watts of solar
2014 Jeep Rubicon
becks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 10:13 PM   #8
Could part of that cost be just getting it into the coach? Some coaches require the removal of a window to get the fridge in. Add a bit of wood work, I believe required on your CC? (Our 2004 Allure will require he removal of two lower drawers, and installing a new bottom to rest the fridge on.)

And, labor rates are different in different parts of the country. They do add up.

Best of luck on wherever the swapout occurs,

Roo II is our 04 Country Coach Allure 40'
OnDRoad for The JRNY! Enjoy life...
Smitty77 is online now   Reply With Quote