Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:47 AM   #1

Ride height adjustment in the Vegas area?

Can anyone recommend a place experienciencrf with doing ride height adjustment on Country Coach in the Vegas area? I am at Great West Truck, a big Freightliner place in Kingman who thinks they can do it. I doubt they've ever done Country Coach however. Should they be able to do it properly? Quick response appreciated.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2016, 09:47 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
I would think with these attached instructions any competent big rig frame/alignment place should be able to complete a ride adjustment procedure.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf _RideHeight.pdf (2.82 MB, 40 views)

BrianGlenn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:57 AM   #3
TR4

If they have the specs, it shouldn't be that difficult. I'm not a truck mechanic and was able to do it. I had Henderson's in Oregon check it when I had the alignment done and was off a 1/4". If your in Oregon, Henderson's would be my recommendation.

Bill
Old 06-02-2016, 10:00 AM   #4

i used affordable rv service once for front air valve replacement and overall height adjustment. they did excellent job. while i was watching, they made sure 4 corners had the same height from flat ground, obviously they didn't have the cc document that i am attaching below. you may print it out, bring with you and talk to mike, the owner/tech master; he will make you happy.

Affordable RV Service and Repair
2850 N Nellis Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV 89115
702-401-4771

good luck!

(note, i am not associated with them whatsoever. above contact info is from rvservicereviews.com).

edit: just noticed brian has posted the doc.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ride Height Adjustment.pdf (2.82 MB, 32 views)
Old 06-02-2016, 11:37 PM   #5

Thanks to all of you I had it done at Great West Truck in Kingman Arizona. They were great. It was very simple. Years ago I had this and the alignment done at Beaudry RV in Tucson with their very CC experienced chassis guy and he put it about an inch and a half above spec in the front and it rode much better than at spec particularly over rough roads, so I had them do the same thing since it handles so well at that setting. This way the front is slightly higher than the rear if you look at it . Has anyone else done that?

Thanks again,

Rich
Old 06-03-2016, 09:56 AM   #6
TR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdhunter View Post
Thanks to all of you I had it done at Great West Truck in Kingman Arizona. They were great. It was very simple. Years ago I had this and the alignment done at Beaudry RV in Tucson with their very CC experienced chassis guy and he put it about an inch and a half above spec in the front and it rode much better than at spec particularly over rough roads, so I had them do the same thing since it handles so well at that setting. This way the front is slightly higher than the rear if you look at it . Has anyone else done that?

Thanks again,

Rich
When Hederson's did my alignment they recommended an increase in the front ride height. I can't remember how much. Even with new Koni shocks it would bottom out on occation. This fixed that problem.

Bill

Tags
gas