Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2019, 10:39 AM   #1

Ride Height - Leveling valve replacement

On our 2000 Magna with HWH air leveling, the left side of the coach leaks down when parked under normal circumstances. It will be noticeably lower after 4 hours. If leveled with the HWH system and with the HWH system powered on, the system will run the compressor and keep it level about every two hours.

Oh and when I start the coach and the chassis airs up, the left side always stays low until everything is aired up then the left side comes up to level. It stays level while driving too.

I’m familiar with air suspension on highway coaches and have been under my Magna with the soapy water spray bottle and I don’t see any bubbles forming on air bags or fittings or the leveling valve. So I’m going to replace the leveling valve itself just to see if perhaps its leaking internally. Any advice on changing the leveling valve would be welcome. I’m familiar with the ones on MCI coaches that have an check valve on the airbag side. Not familiar with a leveling valve that has three lines attached to it. Sorry the photo is 90 degrees off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	59695B0B-41FF-438E-AB45-7330AA78D4C3.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	220.8 KB
ID:	256618  
2000 CC Magna #5734
C-10 Cat Allison 4060
MN
Fredward is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2019, 12:02 PM   #2

I would replace both rear valves. They can be found on eBay at a fair price at least mine were.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:06 PM   #3

A leaking ride height valve will cause the system to over cycle while going down the road. They are fed by the wet tank so no gauge for that.
Never replaced a valve on a Magna, only Intrigue, and Allure. They only had two lines attached. One feeding the bag, and one from the 6 pack solenoids that feeds the valve.
Agree the two in the rear should be replaced at the same time.
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 07:08 PM   #4

Have you gotten a 4 corner weight on your Magna. On my 2000 40' Magna the rear driver's side is 2900 pounds heavier than the passenger side. My driver's side does not come to ride height as fast as my passenger side and I attribute it to this large imbalance in weight distribution. There is no way I can move enough stuff around to eliminate this imbalance.

I know other Magna owners with similar age coaches that have similar weight imbalances on the rear tires.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40' Indulgence, CAT C10, #5892
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:51 PM   #5

2900 pounds? Holy smokes. I’ve never done a four corner weight check.
2000 CC Magna #5734
C-10 Cat Allison 4060
MN
Old 08-12-2019, 11:33 PM   #6

if it is going down it is leaking. Laws of physics do not change and the system is pretty straightforward. I would check the dump solenoid and the black line going to it.
That seems to be were I hear about the most difficult to find leaks
Does your coach pressure stay up or do the tanks go down pretty quickly?
cntrylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:41 PM   #7

A friend of mine has a 2000 magna and i believe he solved the problem by replacing the bags.
IASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 09:23 AM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
The ride hight valve is not used when leveling
I replaced mine but not for reasons your talking about.
There are 3 mainfold valves under the coach with 6 selinoids that control the leveling and take the ride hight out of the circuit.
They or your air bag may be leaking.
I had mine to HWH in Iowa they ebuilt all the valves but do not work on the bags,took it to a dealer to have that done.
I spent many hrs studying the system and have replaced sever of the valves and O rings over the years.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:10 PM   #9

Well the air tanks hold pressure for days if not weeks. The coach always sat level for several days before gradually settling. I always dump the air when parking because that’s the only way it fits through the door on my shop. This business of it settling on the left side and the left side always being the last to air up has me focused on the leveling valve. It’s easy to change and I don’t understand the HWH system, manifold, valves, plumbing, etc. (Yet) So if replacing the valve doesn’t do it then I’ll dig into the HWH system itself. At least that is my plan for now. Several trips planned over the next few weeks so I won’t be doing any trouble shooting until later in September.
Fred
2000 CC Magna #5734
C-10 Cat Allison 4060
MN
Old 08-16-2019, 03:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredward View Post
Well the air tanks hold pressure for days if not weeks. The coach always sat level for several days before gradually settling. I always dump the air when parking because that’s the only way it fits through the door on my shop. This business of it settling on the left side and the left side always being the last to air up has me focused on the leveling valve. It’s easy to change and I don’t understand the HWH system, manifold, valves, plumbing, etc. (Yet) So if replacing the valve doesn’t do it then I’ll dig into the HWH system itself. At least that is my plan for now. Several trips planned over the next few weeks so I won’t be doing any trouble shooting until later in September.
Fred
do you notice a shimmy or shake because of the ride height not being correct?
JS Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 09:25 AM   #11

I have a similar problem caused by the incredibly bad I10 through El Paso. Coach was riding perfectly before then, ride height light on correctly, levels perfectly and holds. Still levels perfectly but listing to the driver's side when traveling and travel light not on. Sounds like could have broken/damaged ride height valve on driver's side?

Gonna have to limp into Albuquerque, no place to get it fixed here. Fortunately I25 very good road.

Where do you find the correct ride height valves for 2002 Allure/Intrigue on EBay?
2002 Country Coach Allure 36 #30752, Double Slide
Mainecoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 06:09 PM   #12

My 2002 allure had the part number and mfg on the valve. I got my replacement valves from Find it Parts. Google is your friend. You can also look on eBay and likely find it there but don’t do just one side do both sides. If you get them from Winnebago expect to pay a lot more. They are available from most truck supply houses.
Old 08-18-2019, 10:43 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy1 View Post
My 2002 allure had the part number and mfg on the valve. I got my replacement valves from Find it Parts. Google is your friend. You can also look on eBay and likely find it there but don’t do just one side do both sides. If you get them from Winnebago expect to pay a lot more. They are available from most truck supply houses.
When I did this to my '98 Allure I actually got the valves from NAPA auto parts.
2002 Country Coach Allure 36 #30752, Double Slide
Mainecoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 06:20 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainecoons View Post
I have a similar problem caused by the incredibly bad I10 through El Paso. Coach was riding perfectly before then, ride height light on correctly, levels perfectly and holds. Still levels perfectly but listing to the driver's side when traveling and travel light not on. Sounds like could have broken/damaged ride height valve on driver's side?

Gonna have to limp into Albuquerque, no place to get it fixed here. Fortunately I25 very good road.

Where do you find the correct ride height valves for 2002 Allure/Intrigue on EBay?
Mine are 90554241.
PRO-BILT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, leveling, replace, replacement, ride height, valve