Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2019, 09:35 PM   #1

Road King may have went under

They have not responded to an email i sent three weeks ago and today there website is down and when i call the number it says no longer in service. Has anyone heard anything?
IASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2019, 11:04 PM   #2

Fingers crossed - as I've been pleased with the 2 1/2" diameter RK's installed when we bought our coach in late 2010, early 2011. Lonnie was very helpful during the process.

That being said, I've shared hear and elsewhere that I tired a pair of Koni EVO 99's not he front, to see if the the FSD like shock would help reduce the road harshness transfer to the driver's seat. I felt it did slightly, but also felt I lost some 'control' at the cost of this slightly better ride. Put the RK's back on, and have the EVO '99's as backup's!

I have no experience with the RK's 3" diameter. But I talked with an owner of a 45' Cornerstone who had installed a pair on the front of his coach. He felt his OEM shocks were being overwhelmed at times. And said the coaches suspension was more 'poised' with the 3" Diameter RK's on the front...

I've thought about seeing if my shocks could be re-valved to help reduce the transfer of rougher roads - but never took the time to call and talk with RK about this...

Thanks for sharing the info. And to be clear on my repeat of a story I've told before - at least for my lighter weight 40' Allure - the Koni EVO 99's are a relieve bargain over the price of RK's - so not too much of a compromise on handling, a bit better ride (on my coach) - and I always like lower costs!!!

RK - Good luck, hope it sorts out for you...

Best to all,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 02:34 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Interesting statement, they may have actually closed down. I too try calling them and the phone could not connect and I also found the website not working.

I must now tell my Roadking story from a few weeks back because I had this feeling in late July as I was chatting with them.

Our coach had Roadking shocks on it all the way around and I was very pleased to have these. I had put them on our last coach and very much liked they way they performed. In April when at Premier for service we discovered the Roadkings on the front had a broken joint (there is a more appropriate name for this which I can't recall). I had them replaced with Koni's as I could not wait for Roadking to rebuild them however I did send them in for rebuilding. about 6 weeks later Roadking called and said they were fixed and I paid so they sent them back to me. In July while on a trip I discovered one of our rear shocks had been tore apart at the top and needed repairing. Having discovered this a few miles from where we would be parked for 3 weeks I thought I would just have it taken off, UPS'd to Colorado, repaired and get it back ahead of leaving, reinstall it for the trip home and on we go. So with it off, i got a return number from Roadking, sent it off on 2 day delivery and started to track the repair process. This is where they began to let me down as Roadking had a I don't care attitude and explained everyone was away and that they couldn't look at it until days after I needed it back. Result, I ended up buying Koni's for the back from Hendersons (added the limit straps), got them installed and that is what I am driving on. Roadking still has my broken shock and I was waiting to hear from them, good chance I won't now.

While chasing my repair within the 3 weeks I needed it back and getting no customer satisfaction I called asking for Lonnie, he would never take my call or return it. This was much different than when I bought 10 shocks for my Navigator, he bent over backwards with customer service. This was my first clue, the second was the turn around wasn't happening. The whole reason for buying rebuildable shocks was to get them rebuilt, who has weeks or months to wait? The third was everything was pay, pay, pay. What happened to this GREAT warranty they sold us all on.

Anyhow, here I am with someone else's working shocks, a few spares and a roadtrip to meet up with the NWCC folks next week. All isn't so bad for me, just too bad for Roadking.
2-Nickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 05:21 PM   #4

Quite a few recent reports on Google reviews and the BBB page for RoadKing about the company taking orders for shocks and never delivering, being unresponsive, and now apparently being out of business. Shame on them if it's true they took orders and never delivered or provided refunds.
Old 08-24-2019, 11:00 PM   #5

The one blessing is king shocks built and repaired the shocks. Road king didn't build anything so they just had to send out product. I sent mine for adjusting straight to king shocks and they sent them back.
King says its a week turnaround to repair or supply a custom shock.
A lot of us have road king so its nice the whole thing didnt go down and we still have the same factory support.
Old 08-25-2019, 04:50 AM   #6

Very interesting reading this.

I sent an email to the old Roadking asking about my shock I sent in for repair. Sure hope I can get it back.
Old 08-25-2019, 08:31 PM   #7

You might contact king shocks. I dont believe road king had the ability to work on or repair shocks. When i had mine adjusted i sent them to the king shock address. They may have your shock. You may have to pay for whatever the repair was.
Old 08-25-2019, 09:55 PM   #8

I will try tomorrow to reach King. I did however send it to Colorado so I suspect it is sitting in the Roadking building.