Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2017, 09:30 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Rookie with questions

I have purchased a 2000 Magna and figured some things out but the manuals don't seem to cover everything.

Headlights are bad at night. How do you aim? Do you replace them from the outside or inside the front driver bay?

Bay doors lock on DS but not PS. Are they on two separate fuses or solenoids?

Is there an upgrade for the windshield wiper arms?

Current autos aren't tow cars. Any suggestions on ones that fit the coach. I need one so that when something happens I can send the DW on to the Hampton Inn.
Griffin379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2017, 09:44 AM   #2

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club

I have an '09 Magna so I really don't know your rig. I tow a '14 CR-V, lots of Jeeps being towed too.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:46 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Sorry I'm not familiar with your rig ! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:03 AM   #4

For your tow car, take a look at Remco and fill in the info with your existing autos to see if any options are available to you. My wife's 2007 Cadillac is listed as not towable, but with the use of a transmission pump we are able to tow it. Some cars just cannot be towed unless on a 4 wheel trailer.

For the wiper arms, I replaced mine on a previous Country Coach through AMEquipment.

If you have TriMark system for your door locks, go to their website and download the pertinent manuals.

I don't drive at night, so have no info regarding headlights, but I've seen many threads regarding replacements...I'm sure someone will have that answer soon.
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:04 AM   #5

Toads: I tow one of two Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD cars. They are heavy and get terrible fuel mileage but easy to tow, seat 5 people, and can go off road. Hook up is simple.

Wiper Arms: Mine are still original at 22 years. Parts are available at AM Equipment Windshield Wiper Systems & Durable DC Motors

Cannot help with your locks or headlight questions.

I have replaced my headlight bulbs from behind the fiberglass. Yours may be different.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:00 PM   #6

My tow car is a chevy traverse. pull 2 fuses put in neutral and off you go. I have a 97 magna. cruse on 65 and I get 10 mpg pulling the treverse.
Jerry226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:34 AM   #7

Not sure on your door locks but I tow a Jeep GC. It must be a 4X4 to tow flat down without mods. Simple to hook up and don't know its back there. Fuel mileage is what it is and with the ISC 350 I have enough power to pull the grades.

On the headlights you didn't say what the problem is. Mine are adjustable from the outside via a couple of screws to pivot the lamp. If they are foggy, like mine you can clean them up and its very easy. Mine look like new. The bulbs are reached from the back side reaching up from the bottom of the coach. If you have the dreaded "Bug Shield" then you have a bit more work to get to the outside of the lamps.

Good luck and welcome to this great forum....Tons of advice..
'99 Allure 36' #30307
Enjoying it while we can. 200,000+ and counting!
Burfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 01:03 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to dtrawets
for towing, there, as far as i know three ways to tow. i'm new at this as well. one is flat tow with all 4 wheels on the ground. in that case you need to see if your cars can be towed that way. ours can not. another which is what we will be doing is using a karcaddy or dolly. front wheels off the ground. i believe it has to have its own breaking system... and the other is to put it on a car trailer. much more weight to tow that way, but maybe more room for storage. more so if its a box trailer.
dtrawets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:11 PM   #9

Welcome to the clan!! Good input on different Toads... We've had great success with our 07 CRV EX-L AWD now with about 65-75K of being towed, and just under 100K miles of driving. 2014 was the last year they could be towed. And yes to the Jeeps... All of them, good toads... (If going with a Grand Cherokee - do read up on the specific 4x4 system that can be towed four down.)

Headlights. Our 04 Allure has Bronco/F150 1988 Headlights in them. And they need a yearly buffing to get as much light out of them as possible. Their are some conversion kits that a company I think out of Utah has made for many RV's, that greatly increases lighting output.

Enjoy your CC, and travel safe,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:30 PM   #10

Checking the owners manual is a good place to go. Also, annual reports are available from various magazines. Checking wth a tow bar company might be helpful.
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 04:59 PM   #11

Checked my wire list and there is at least one printed circuit board controller, maybe two, in the front run bay under your drivers seat. Wire numbers are "PL" for passenger side, both 12 gage, one brown the other blue. Wire numbers are "DL" for the driver's side, both 12 gage, one red the other yellow.

Don't know if there are fuses on the PCB or not.

Try calling Butch Williams at Fountain RV in Lakeland, FL. 863.984.9764 He is very knowledgeable on Country Coaches.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40' Indulgence, CAT C10, #5892
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 05:15 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
IMO, until coach manufacturers (newer than our CC's) started using HID and/or LED headlights, the standard halogen lights used on most motorhomes were pretty sorry. Also, if you check the voltage at your headlights you will probably find it low due to the small wiring used.

Short of an expensive headlight upgrade, suggest you check this website for a helpful discussion of getting the voltage for your headlights where it should be:

Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

Like many at our age, we usually avoid night driving. However, if you travel much it may not always be avoidable.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:14 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
IMO, until coach manufacturers (newer than our CC's) started using HID and/or LED headlights, the standard halogen lights used on most motorhomes were pretty sorry. Also, if you check the voltage at your headlights you will probably find it low due to the small wiring used.

Short of an expensive headlight upgrade, suggest you check this website for a helpful discussion of getting the voltage for your headlights where it should be:

Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

Like many at our age, we usually avoid night driving. However, if you travel much it may not always be avoidable.
Thanks Glen - Daniel Stern is the company I was thinking of, but I kept looking for 'Dennis' not 'Daniel' - and could not recall the last name... (I've saved this in my files for future reference. But I admit I do my best to be off the roadways at night!)

OP - Daniel Stern lighting has many positive posts from RV owners that have used his products....

Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote