RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-30-2019, 11:38 AM   #1

ScanGuage D question

I would like to install the ScanGuage D in my 1997 CC Allure, Cummins 8.3 mechanical fuel injected motor.

Question: Of the 15 digital built in gauges that the ScanGuage D offers how many will I be able to access?
The most important one to me would be having the engine coolant temperature.
I have located the 12 pin data port under the transmission gear selector panel and have sourced out a adapter cord from OBD Diagnostics so I can connect to the ScanGuage.

For those that have installed the ScanGuage D on the older mechanical Cummins any info you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dennis

suzygirl2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2019, 11:24 AM   #2

Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe
Sorry, but with a mechanical engine you won't have any info for the engine in a data port.

Mechanical is just that, mechanical.

You could run a set of wires back to the engine and install aftermarket gauges in a cluster. Mount it in a easy to view location, and it should give you your peace of mind regarding engine temp, fuel pressure, turbo boost, etc.

You will have to install the senders for anything you want to monitor.

Happy Glamping.
2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with GSXR 1100T or KLR650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned is offline   Reply With Quote