Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-11-2018, 07:24 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by funjnt View Post
Congrats on a nice used CC. We really like our Allure I have to say. If the valve is broken on the water filter housing try to verify if it is fully open. Also you should replace the water filter once a year because the water filters will have a time release of sca additive in them. You can get a plain filter without sca if you run an oat coolant. You can also change the filter without turning the valve off just don't wear a good shirt as you will have coolant running up or down your arms. I did this twice until I noticed the shut off LOL. You will need to add about a gallon of freshie fresh coolant which isn't so bad.

When we bought our coach it didn't have service records, yes we did thorough lookie and hired an inspector. So, the price was quite right and I took the plunge. The first year I changed the oil and filter from when we got home till it went to fla for the winter. I changed the coolant filter and two fuel filters. This is a basic service for me, yearly. Now this last year I changed the trans and fluid and air filter. Air filter was fairly new as they said they serviced the coach when we bought it. I have yet to do the hydraulic system and filters and need to do the air dryer (looks to be a pia). I am not too concerned with the rear yet maybe I will do that with the hydraulic system this summer. But, importantly I would do all chassis related fluids and filters so you have a fresh baseline.
The valve is definitely open, since the valve wouldn't shut off I figured I would just change the filter real quick .. well the water started pouring out and I tightened it back up, guess I'm just going to have get wet and replenish coolant because the filter has the slow release DCA. We also summer in PA, I grew up around Altoona and we spend a lot of time camping and boating at Raystown lake.

1999 CC Allure 36 DTSG #30317
dhetrick2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2018, 08:03 AM   #16

Pa has a lot of places to go camping although we haven't done many yet. We are fairly new to the rv world I think this is our third year with an rv. I have heard a lot about reystown lake and want to take a trip out there. I recently noticed a review on here for a campground there. It is about 3.5 hours from us, we are in SEPA, outside philly and wilm de. We have been to a couple campgrounds south of us on the bay, quite nice too.

Don't forget to oil or grease, yes grease or anti seize too, the rubber ring and don't monkey tighten. All too often people don't oil this rubber gasket and it can rust to the surface making removal very tough.

Give a shout if in the area we are always looking for fun things to do on weekends permitting. None of our friends have rv's so we look for things that are fun to do.

2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
2007 Subaru Outback
Winters in Ocala, summers in Pa and North East US.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 07:58 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by funjnt View Post
Pa has a lot of places to go camping although we haven't done many yet. We are fairly new to the rv world I think this is our third year with an rv. I have heard a lot about reystown lake and want to take a trip out there. I recently noticed a review on here for a campground there. It is about 3.5 hours from us, we are in SEPA, outside philly and wilm de. We have been to a couple campgrounds south of us on the bay, quite nice too.

Don't forget to oil or grease, yes grease or anti seize too, the rubber ring and don't monkey tighten. All too often people don't oil this rubber gasket and it can rust to the surface making removal very tough.

Give a shout if in the area we are always looking for fun things to do on weekends permitting. None of our friends have rv's so we look for things that are fun to do.
Definitely need to check out Raystown lake, the Corp of Engineers have 5 campgrounds there and the lake is awesome. I guess I should have left well enough alone on the coolant filter shut-off, I tried to gently work it to get it to move and now its leaking oh well it was going to need to be replaced sometime.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:02 AM   #18

LOL yeah I have having something that doesn't work. Drain your coolant down and take the housing off. Get your serial numer off your motor and log into cummins website and there you will find a break down of the parts. You can see the filter housing part online or just go to a truck shop or local cummins dealer. Shouldn't bee too bad except for access.
2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
2007 Subaru Outback
Winters in Ocala, summers in Pa and North East US.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 11:32 AM   #19

When I had to repair mine Cummins gave me the wrong O rings. Got it all back together and it started leaking again. The seals dont come in the same parts bag as the shaft, and handle. They are pulled from a bin. Your also going to need a new gasket.
Brett
Old 02-13-2018, 08:15 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bneukam View Post
When I had to repair mine Cummins gave me the wrong O rings. Got it all back together and it started leaking again. The seals dont come in the same parts bag as the shaft, and handle. They are pulled from a bin. Your also going to need a new gasket.
Brett
Now that would really suck getting it all back together then leaking I'm replacing everything even the screw. My challenge right now is getting the top bolt out behind the turbo. Looks like I may have to take the dog house lid off and come in from above. I was surprised the new gasket was metal. What did you lube the O-rings with? I'm thinking about using anti-seize but not sure if that would be ok for the rubber.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:37 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhetrick2 View Post
Now that would really suck getting it all back together then leaking I'm replacing everything even the screw. My challenge right now is getting the top bolt out behind the turbo. Looks like I may have to take the dog house lid off and come in from above. I was surprised the new gasket was metal. What did you lube the O-rings with? I'm thinking about using anti-seize but not sure if that would be ok for the rubber.

I just used oil to help slide the rings on the shaft. Then wiped it off before install.
Mine was on a ISL so its probably slightly different. But I removed the oil filter which sits close to it. There was one bolt upper right that I was only able to get 1/8 a of turn each time. But did not need access from the top.
As long as you exercise that shaft yearly, and turn it using the longer shaft side youll be ok.
Brett

Tags
service, cat