Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:50 AM   #1

Service in Oregon

A few items need fixing on my 07 Allure. Is OMC still a good facility now that CC is running again? Would the factory repair be better? Anybody have recent experiences with these facilities?

CCRider

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2011, 09:38 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
How funny! We just got home after leaving our poor baby at OMC and driving home in the tow dingie. I was going to pop online and give enormous kudos to OMC. Here's the scoop about CC vs. OMC. We had an appointment at CC to get the door seal fixed and a few other minor repairs, including a Norcold recall. Before going there, we stopped at Coach Glass (in Eugene) to get several windows cleaned (you know how they get that milky white color after a while?). We were driving around Junction City when we got a call from the Coach Glass people that they found "a situation" and that they needed us to return. The situation turned out, sadly, to be dry rot in the living room slide behind the driver, and quite a bit above the pilot window. This coach is new to us, and it was horribly disheartening to see the dry rot. The people at Coach Glass (many of whom used to work at the CC factory) were amazingly helpful to us. They spent literally hours answering our questions and presenting our options. They STRONGLY advised us to go to OMC over CC because CC has very few techs who used to work there . . . turns out many of them have gone to OMC. There are a LOT of family dynamics between Bob Lee (OMC) and Ron Lee (now of CC), but the bottom line is that OMC is simply better prepared and better regarded than CC.

We assumed that we should go to the "factory" because they made the coach, but the bottom line is that there is no "factory" left. They had to reaquire all the materials, equipment, etc. Furthermore, they have a more challenging time aquiring parts as creditors are not so willing to extend credit to the corporation. Once we drove onto the lot of OMC we were overwhelmed by the support and knowledge of the staff there. They also have a great lot with 50 amp power, they'll make every effort to allow you to live in your coach in the lot by night (we had to return for work so only stayed 3 days there) and will move your coach into the work area and back out and plug it in for you. They have a dump site and water available. More than all that, there is nothing like having the expert who literally designed and built your slides come into your coach and explain how he will fix it.

We had quite a bit of dialog with CC when we aquired this coach in May, and they were very slow to respond and difficult to get ahold of. This was not our experience with OMC. They are going to email us pictures of the repairs as they progress, and have been very available to any and all questions. Their labor rate is the same as CC ($105/hr), but when it comes to Country Coaches, we firmly believe that OMC is the only way to go! I will keep you posted as our repairs progress!

Old 06-17-2011, 08:22 AM   #3

When we had our CC (an '06 Allure that we just recently sold) we had major work (replaced radiator, upgraded to residential fridge, upgraded entertainment center) all done at OMC -- they did a great job and we were always very happy with their work.

I don't think that you can go wrong with havng work done by them.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:35 AM   #4

Many thanks to both num1gdh and Techie for the quick response. The dry rot info has me concerned because I also have foggy windows in the driver's side slide. Thanks again.

CCRider
Old 06-17-2011, 12:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by st82st8 View Post
Many thanks to both num1gdh and Techie for the quick response. The dry rot info has me concerned because I also have foggy windows in the driver's side slide. Thanks again.

CCRider
Oh, don't stress . . . the foggy windows had nothing to do with the dry rot! The windows "fog" because they are dual pane and are sealed when they are made. Because the coach moves and flexes, over time, these windows lose their seal. When Coach Glass removed them, they fixed them by taking them apart, cleaning them, sealing them and then somehow putting nitrogen back in between the panes. It was supposed to be a simple job but no one anticipated the dry rot. The dry rot over our driver's window was caused by a poor seal on the (sorry don't know the technical term - this is Cathy not John) ledge thing that runs over the window. The dry rot in the slide behind the driver was caused by a poor seal on the top of the slide. Incidentally, we are having all the slides checked and resealed, new rubber seals put on all the slides, and they are also (again don't know the technical terms) fixing the ramp that the front slides run up to assist the slides as they come in and out. After dealing with these issues, we are absolutely convinced that every year or at least every other year, we will be back up at OMC for an inspection of the coach. The poor coach was un-owned and un-loved going from dealer lot to dealer lot, and was not really cared for since the original owner traded it in in 2009 causing a huge amount of "lot rot." Simple problems and fixes with these coaches, if left unattended, can become huge nightmares. So many of the things that caused problems in our coach really can't be caught by the average RVer . . . John has RV'd all his life, and I have for the past 6 years, and there was just no way the "layman" can catch everything!
Old 06-17-2011, 09:21 PM   #6

OMC is still the one to go to as far as I am concerned. CCCorp is trying to gain a foothold in the service area with the latest "friendship" rally so we will have to wait and see. The suppliers are still a little gun shy with CCC.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:00 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by st82st8 View Post
A few items need fixing on my 07 Allure. Is OMC still a good facility now that CC is running again? Would the factory repair be better? Anybody have recent experiences with these facilities?

CCRider
Oregon Motor Coach Center is only one of many reputable service companies in the area. As earlier stated Country Coach is not at present a manufacture, they are a service center in competition with all the rest.
Working on an assembly line does not a trained service technician make. Manufacturing gives insight into possible problems and fixes. Training along with exspierience make the technician.
Don't rule out Premium RV Center located next door to CC.
There are many fine and reputable mobile services and independents in the Lane County Area.
You do not have to schedule months ahead and leave your coach daily for minor repairs. Even a handful of repairs can be quickly acomplished with a short stay at one of the local RV Resorts like PREMIUM RV RESORT in Coburg. A mobile repair unit or individual Tech can save you time and MONEY.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:07 AM   #8

Sadly, our repairs to our new-to-us coach are necessarily extensive. We pick it up on July 25, so I will definitely post info on how the repairs went later this month!
Old 07-01-2011, 11:31 AM   #9

John and Cathy, rest assured you have nothing to worry about with your coach at OMCC.
The most capable of all in the repair facilities in Junction City,OR is OMCC. They are capable of re-manufacturing everything from a PREVOST to a PUP-TENT, no joke.
Also after awhile you will get used to being without that arm and leg. OMCC can and will install a chair lift for you in your CC.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMouser View Post
John and Cathy, rest assured you have nothing to worry about with your coach at OMCC.
The most capable of all in the repair facilities in Junction City,OR is OMCC. They are capable of re-manufacturing everything from a PREVOST to a PUP-TENT, no joke.
Also after awhile you will get used to being without that arm and leg. OMCC can and will install a chair lift for you in your CC.
Too funny. The question is, which one of us has to contribute the arm and leg? The logical answer is that I (Cathy) do since I don't drive the coach but really . . .
Old 09-17-2011, 11:51 PM   #11

We (ok, me) made the mistake of taking our coach to CCC to place on consignment in February of this year. After months of not getting decent photos of it even on the internet, I drove up (9 hours) and took photos myself and met Ron. He seemed "annoyed" with my request. Long story short, we got it out of there, decided to keep it, remodel and store it for the winter and found Premiere next door. I thought they were only a storage facility. Wrongo. They do service, remodels and store CCoaches. Awesome. I've heard great things about Oregon Motor Coach too. CCCorp? Maybe they will be ok with building coaches again, but not pleased with their service and sales, but that was just my take.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:31 AM   #12

Last week I had occasion to make an emergency stop in Wilsonville, just South of Portland at the Camping World on I-5. I found them to be a fantastic group of guys and gals, and offer my highest recommendation for their professionalism. My HWH jacks were stuck down in Washington. A mobile tech released the pressure and got me back on the road, but on jack slipped down and for better than 2 hours I drove with the buzzer beeping and the warning light on. Constant visual inspection showed that the jack was stable about an inch below the store line. Arriving at CW about 15 minutes before closing first one tech came to assist, then the whole crew joined. They diagnosed my problem, make the MH road worthy, gave me hints if I needed further help, and even gave me the part numbers I would need. It was Thursday night before the holiday, and parts needed to be ordered from HWH in the East, so they could not do the repair. Even after staying late, they would not charge me, as they only helped.
My son lives up that way, and we visit often. I will stop and shop there whenever I can.

Tags
service