Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:33 AM   #1

Sewer hose storage - info sharing

I've been following the thread on the 'Battle of the sewer hoses'.

Battle of the sewer hose

This got me thinking about how small our plumbing bay area is in our 04 Allure. As it looked to me like many of the options used in this thread, involved permanently mounting and coiling the hose within the waste bay. Our 04 Allure, just does not have that kind of room. Heck, it's even a bit tight getting a normal stinky slinky onto the outlet of the dumper from time to time!

Our 04 Allure does have an area that is supposed to allow the sliding of the stinky slinky into it behind a small door. We currently use a Rhino (up two three 10' sections available), and the couplings are too large to slide into this provided CC sewer hose storage area.

We have a half bay in front of the waste bay. I have two plastic stacked drawers, about 16" deep by 14" high by 12" wide. Bottom one is for cables, extra fittings for hose and other misc. The top one is where I store one section of the Stinky Slinky. After usage, I couple the male to female ends together to stop it form residual leaking. The two remaining 10' sections are also coupled together in a combined 20' section, that I drop in behind these plastic stacked drawers. (About 70% of the time we can get by with just the single 10' section. If too short, lift out the two drawers, and remove the 20' section, and that covers us most of the time. Every once and awhile, we'll need the full 30' of all three, but very seldom.) This all works pretty good, though I sometimes find myself with a few choice words, as the half bay is below the edge of the slide on our coach, so the bay door is always 'fun' to dodge!

OK, so all of that background to ask other CC owners, and yes our different models and years have varying waste bay configurations, to see if you would mind sharing your Best Practices on sewer hose storage (and water hose too).

Best to all, and TiA,
Smitty

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2015, 10:55 AM   #2

They have plastic covers for fence posts that are perfect size for this.

Ours has a 4 inch pipe under the unit by the small bay snd too small.

Will change out someday.

In your case maybe mount in lp tank bay.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:37 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
I have used the Sewer Solution for four years.

Amazon.com: Sewer Solution: Sports & Outdoors

It is basically a garden hose with attachments. I also carry PVC pipe and fittings to make it reach 26 feet away.

Much more compact and a cleaner experience. Also will pump uphill.

Still have the 10' Slinky in a tub for a quick stop at Dump Stations, but the SS remains hooked up to the downspout for ready use at all other times.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:14 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
System I have works great.On our INspire. the bay with the propane tank essentially goes all the way across the bus. I have a 4" plastic PVC pipe that fits in there on top of the tank. It sits on the tank leaning back against the wall of the compartment. Never moves an inch. Its long enough to put 30' of hose..probably more. On mine, its the next bay forward of the plumbing bay.
courtjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:03 AM   #5

Since I'm still a newbie I have no idea if this was stock or the previous owner added them, but it's a great easy storage idea.
Click image for larger version

Name:	storage pipes.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	350.3 KB
ID:	84679

Click image for larger version

Name:	storage pipes2.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	84680
Old 01-30-2015, 12:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaeljsz View Post
Since I'm still a newbie I have no idea if this was stock or the previous owner added them, but it's a great easy storage idea.
Attachment 84679

Attachment 84680
Owner added, not factory stuff
Old 01-30-2015, 12:58 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Search this form for "fence post" and you will find several people trying to do what you describe. I did this too... buy the square fence posts from home depot or lowes (i had to order mine... they weren't in stock), buy the caps for them too, and then either mount them under your RV, or lay them in one of your wide bays. Again.. lots of pictures and descriptions if you search "fence post" on this irV2 forum.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Owner added, not factory stuff
I've seen this on a few coaches. Usually with shorter wheelbases. And I figured out why more on shorter wheelbases, when I saw a tag coach that I think was 40', back up a small incline with a slight crown at the top. The pipe broke off as it made contact with the crown. The longer wheelbase was a factor.

Don - Have you ever had to adjust your driving to avoid losing the lower pipe storage?

Thanks for the shots! And Best,
Smitty
Old 01-30-2015, 02:55 PM   #9

On the fence post, or other holders, inside of the propane storage area. I'll take a look at that again, but last time I looked (for collapsible narrow wise ladder storage) my bay was a bit shorter. I also don't have an access door on the drivers side, as the last 1/3 or so of the LP bay is where the slide equipment is mounted.

I always wanted a solution for storage on the drivers side, but will look this over and see how this will work for us.

Appreciated the info sharing by all!
Smitty
Old 01-30-2015, 09:33 PM   #10

"Don - Have you ever had to adjust your driving to avoid losing the lower pipe storage?"

I don't have those pipes. I use the storage pipe in the sewer bay plus another tote to keep some more hose. The only thing I want to see under the coach is the generator exhaust and the heater exhaust, none of that other junk

I am thinking about lengthening the sewer bay pipe. By looking through the other side, I think it can be added on to, maybe another 3 foot or so. I had a grey tank flush added and a access plate was added in my Hurricane bay.

I use the Blue Line hoses which don't have the large ends so I think everything will fit in an extended pipe. http://www.amazon.com/Prest-O-Fit-1-...=rv+sewer+hose
Old 01-31-2015, 11:24 AM   #11

Thanks Don - Miss read your post.

Rhino's, three sections of 10' each, are between 18 months for two of them, and 6 months for the third, old. So they have some life left in them...

When I get back to the coach again, I'll look in the Propane bay again, and see if I can slide the large pipe or fence posts into this bay. This would allow me to repurpose the storage on the driver side in the half bay.

Best to you, and all,
Smitty

Tags
storage