Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2016, 11:18 PM   #1

Shower drain

My first post on this forum i bought this 2002 32' allure a few months ago and have been working on it since I brought it home still haven't registered it. Got some stuff sorted out but a ways to go. The shower was leaking on to the ground due to a cracked pan flange so I unscrewed it and tried to get a new flange at the hardware store and a couple or rv places. I can't find a flange with the correct pipe thread? I don't want to have to replace the part the flange nut screws into as it would be a major feat to get it out and a new one back in. Any ideas? I checked with gr,eg at CC but haven't heard back from him. I still have my classic GMC that I have owned for 30 years I want to see if this CC will work out as I'm hoping before I put the GMC up for sale.
Roy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2016, 05:10 AM   #2

I would think its a basic 2inçh shower drain. But in rv could be 1-1/2
Home Depot,Lowes or local plumbing supply

mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:16 AM   #3

Shower drain

Yes I have found that same drain at Home Depot . The top section unscrews but the threads are not the same as the one on my coach so it won't thread into my coach. Too use the lower part of the Home Depot piece you would need to some how get the shower stall removed or gain access to the piping underneath it which would be a real project. That is my problem.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:11 AM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
I'll be at the coach today and I will see if there is a name on my drain
Old 06-13-2016, 03:10 PM   #5

Mine is a little older it's 2inch with no name on it. I think your best bet is to bring the top piece to a real plumbing supply house and have them try and match it up.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:24 PM   #6

No name on my drain cover, just two screw holes to hold it down. In this case, I'd do what Mike suggested
Old 06-13-2016, 10:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
No name on my drain cover, just two screw holes to hold it down. In this case, I'd do what Mike suggested
Yes mine is similar 2 screws holding it down and no name. The main plumbing supply here has no idea who made it and has a poorer supply then Home Depot. Country coach in Oregon as yet hasn't been able to supply a replacement. I'll drive to Reno later this week and try a larger rv supply and hope for the best.
Old 06-14-2016, 10:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy1 View Post
Yes mine is similar 2 screws holding it down and no name. The main plumbing supply here has no idea who made it and has a poorer supply then Home Depot. Country coach in Oregon as yet hasn't been able to supply a replacement. I'll drive to Reno later this week and try a larger rv supply and hope for the best.
I suggest a call to either Kevin Waite (541-953-6162) or Bob Vinson (541-870-6233).

These two guys worked at CC back in the good old days and know everything about your coach. They are excellent techs and are willing to help.

I would try a regular plumbing supply house for the parts. Take in some pictures as an aid.

I would not wait on the CC parts house to help. Supposedly, the server that holds all CC info took a dump and it will be awhile before it is back up, if ever.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
I suggest a call to either Kevin Waite (541-953-6162) or Bob Vinson (541-870-6233).

These two guys worked at CC back in the good old days and know everything about your coach. They are excellent techs and are willing to help.

I would try a regular plumbing supply house for the parts. Take in some pictures as an aid.

I would not wait on the CC parts house to help. Supposedly, the server that holds all CC info took a dump and it will be awhile before it is back up, if ever.
No luck in Reno Kevin didn't have access to the drain Bob is still trying to locate a drain thinks he will know tomorrow if he can get one. CC parts as yet hasn't called or emailed me back. Thanks for the contacts

Tags
shower