Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:45 PM   #1
Slide out dead

Does anyone have any trouble shooting ideas. My single slide will not go in or out. No noise or click anywhere. Fluid level is good batteries are fully charged fuse at pump and one on the panel is good.called HWH lady said they will call me back in a week. I almost think it's the slideout extend/retract switch but not sure on how to even test it.

1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2015, 07:13 PM   #2
Glad you found the fuse on the pump motor. I looked 3 times before I found mine. Not in the best location; one handed retrieve and replacing the 15 amp fuse one handed is a bear.

You could pull the control panel out and jumper across the switch terminals to see if the motor is activated. HWH has their service manuals online. this link HWH Service Manuals will take you to a page with all their manuals. Might try downloading your slide manual as it may take HWH awhile to get back to you.

Pete - Full Timing
2000 Country Coach Magna 40', CAT C10, #5892
2006 Jeep Liberty
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 07:25 PM   #3
Monaco Owners Club
Most systems like this have safety features to prevent extension. In my case there is a plunger switch on each basement door so you can't extend slide if door is open. You may check to see if these are working. One of mine is very sensitive and if I don't slam the door it will not let me open/close the slide >>> no sound or clicks etc. On my control there is a relay that can also go bad that controls these safety functions.
Jim J
2002 Monaco Windsor 38 PKD
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee w/5.7 Hemi
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:11 PM   #4
Country Coach Owners Club
Does your Magna need the ignition switch on before you try to move the slide like mine does? Are you sure the transmission is in neutral? Parking brake set?

Reason I mention these items is because at one time or another, I have had the "slide inop" situation and it was caused by one of the above.
2002 Country Coach Intrigue
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote

slide, slide out