RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-31-2019, 07:08 PM   #1

Slide-out Seals

I have a 2001 CC Allure. Does anyone have a part number and/or source for the slide-out seals?

ccfmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2019, 07:19 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
APProducts.net go to 'seals' they have all different styles of slide seals.

Crispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 06:59 AM   #3

Yes I just ordered the 35' seal, 2" x 2" 1/4 x 35'. I have replace this once and I still had a leak. I copied the same installation as previous seal and this must have been wrong. This seal was installed in three pieces. One across the top and the two vertical pieces butting up against the top piece. I have noticed that other rv's have this seal installed in one piece not being cut.

Look at part number 018-478-35

https://approducts.net/catalog/index...qclk890vj2icp3

Can you do me a favor as I am going to install this seal again next weekend. Could you take some pics of your seal from the outside bottom and top corners? I would like to see what other seals in these coaches are looking like.

I can also tell you how to install as the first seal install was a real pia until I figured it out.

Thanks!
2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
2007 Subaru Outback
Winters in Ocala, summers in Pa and North East US.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:48 PM   #4

I've been out on the road for a month. back now and going to tackle the seal change. i'm interested in your "easy way " of changing the seals. Mine appears to be in 4 sections. the top over laps the sides, and the sides overlap the bottom, if that makes any sense.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:57 PM   #5

Can you take pics of each of the corners, top and bottom? I couldn't find anyone to send pics of this era coach so I just re did mine the way they were but better. I did speak with Kevin Waite and he mentioned sealing the front bottom corner and that appears to have done the trick. We were getting water in on the carpet in this corner. If you can take pics I will take pics of mine and we can exchange. I made sure the seal was really tight at each end and also trimmed to make sure it overlapped really well. So far I think I have the problem fixed.

Have to say it isn't totally easy but it is do able with some tips. Just take your time. I just got in and I can elaborate on seal installation maybe in the am. I will also snap some pics.
2007 Subaru Outback
Old 09-10-2019, 06:17 PM   #6

I am interested in this as well. Please post any helpful info that you can.

Thanks!
John Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:50 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
If you are getting water in the coach at the corner of the slide, it is possible that the little trough on the inside has come loose from the wall. This allows water to run on to the carpet
Old 09-11-2019, 11:33 AM   #8

Not real good with adding photos. On closer look, it appears that the side seals and upper seal is installed in one piece, overlapping the bottom seal at the corners.Click image for larger version

Name:	20190911_130808.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	259958

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190911_130704.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	259959

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190911_130613.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	259960
Old 09-17-2019, 05:29 AM   #9

So this is long overdue as promised. Ok I have done this twice now and it is still a little difficult.

My go to tool is a small or medium sized craftsman pry bar. A bottle of dish soap to lubricate the rubber and electrical tape. My second round I used john deere green label spray lube like wd 40 (know what wd 40 stands for?). Good pair of dikes side cutters or tin snips (there is a metal backbone in the slide seal). I also use john deere spray glass cleaner.

First step is to have a good ladder 8' or higher maybe two if your lucky.

Easy part is to remove the seal.
Remove the seal.
Take a part of the seal lip and cut out a small piece or use a part of the bulb cut wide enough to fit over the tip of the pry bar to prevent scratching.
Wrap pry bar bar in tape including tip.
Put bulb over pry bar tip and wrap in tape also.

Beverage time.

Now you want to install the top piece first. Not the whole length but a good part of the first corner at top along roof.
Take a good look at the corner of the long strip you removed. You want this piece to fit as snug into the corner as possible. I used cutters to cut a slot behind the rubber wiper into the backbone so it will slide over the vertical rib. Depending on temp outside make sure you push the rubber hard and deep into this corner. When temp cools seal may contract some. Install a couple feet.

Next step is to install vertical piece up under the wiper of the top seal. Copy what you had. You want the horizontal wiper to cover the top of the vertical seal. Picture water running down and you want it kept outside.

You can cut this vertical seal a little longer than you need so you don't short yourself.

Oh yeah, when installing the seal onto the rib of coach use some soap along the slot where the rib goes this will help it slip on easier.

The trick is to use the pry bar to work the seal onto the metal rib of coach. Sometimes it will slip right on and sometimes it is a bit of work. I would say making sure it is seated all the way onto the rib is what is important along with making sure the seals are tight into the top corners. This is the el tricko.

I started at the front and worked rearward. Once the front vertical seal is good work you way rearward on top horizontal seal working it on the rib and make sure you push it forward to allow for cold weather contraction if you ever see cold weather.

So using pry bar you can work seal on and work your way back. Use glass cleaner or whatever you choose to clean top of slide as mine was dirty and dusty.

Away you go. Same process as first when you get to rear vertical.

I know this seems straight forward but until I found the pry bar and soap I was having a really tough time.

Let us know how it goes.

2007 Subaru Outback

Tags
seal, seals, slide