Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
Slide Problem

I have a 2004 CC Inspire. I am having trouble with the living room slide (drivers side). When I extend the room it will move fine until it begins the transition down to be level with the floor. It will slow way down, stop and trip the breaker. After the breaker resets it will finish extending but is slow and creaky. It will do the same when retracted, start up, slow, stop and trip the breaker. Any thoughts on what might be going on here?

Scoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #2
National RV Owners Club
You might want someone to lubercate the gears, railing and the tract that it rides on.
All of which is located under the room.
You may have to open up the compartments to see the gears and railing.
Other wise you will rip the door off.
Put the room out first then after the room is out then and only then open up the compart doors so you or someone you know can look under to see what needs to be lubercated.
I have done the same thing before but I damage the doors because when I went in side to put the room out I had forgoten that I left the doors open.
Thats how I remember.
P.S. Does this happen when you are connected to shore power or before you are connected other wise it could be because your batteries are low.

Walter5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
It does it with the engine running, engine off, shore power, no shore power. My first thought was the chassis battery, which I replaced but didn't resolve the problem. I really appreciate the input, thank you.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #4
Country Coach Owners Club
Driver side slide

Our '04 Inspire extends just fine but when sucking it back in you would swear the electric motor was going to quit. Could this be a lube problem as well or the old girl just aging a little?

All new batteries this year and acts the same if engine is running at idle or hooked to shore power.

Tom and Anita
chuydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #5
Slideout pops breaker

I have a 2005 Countrymen Cross Country SE, my left slideout went in and out fine until Camping World replaced the gearmotor assembly because the brake had failed. The original and the new one both say they draw 15 amps with no load. But the new one does as yours does, it usually takes 2 or 3 times when the breaker pops and then cools down to reset before the slide is all the way in or out. I found the breaker in the right hand electrical compartment just behind the rear tires and replaced it with a 20 amp, so far it works fine, the wires do not get hot so is probably okay. Works good.
TravelerWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:05 PM   #6
That's interesting. I looked in the manual and mine says it is supposed to have a 20 amp breaker for that slide. I checked the panel and its a 10 amp. Thank you very much for the tip.