Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-10-2015, 12:23 AM   #1

Slide Seal being pulled in

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1447136014.773714.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	111586

Hello everyone,
On my 02 Intrigue the bottom seal on the kitchen slide is being pulled into the coach. My guess is that this is happening on the way in. But I've tried pulling on it with pliers while the slide is coming out with no luck, it's jammed in there too tight. It's probably just started doing this as its only a small section, that's located almost in the middle of the slide.
Has anyone else experienced this on any of your slides?

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2015, 10:52 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Don't feel bad, all my slide seals do the same thing. After I extend the slides I go around the coach and dig all the folded up areas out. I use a putty knife and it seems to work well. I also keep them clean and put baby powder on them twice a year. I have talked to other owners and they seem to have the same issues. So far all my seals are in good shape, they just seem to have a mind of there own as to where they want to be positioned after opening the slide.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:13 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
No worries! Mine do the same thing. I go around and push/pull out the slide seals with a 3/8 " wooden dowel that I carry just for this purpose.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:30 AM   #4

I like the wooden dowel approach, as I don't want to damage the seal. The area that has been pulled in is about 14 in. in length. Its jammed in there pretty tight.

Hopefully I can get it back out into position without removing the toe kick inside.
From now on I will be sure to inspect all seals after extending the slides to look for this issue. This is not only my first DP, but its also my first RV with slide outs.
Definitely learning as I go.
Thanks
Old 11-10-2015, 02:49 PM   #5

The same seal on the coach wound up flopping in the breeze. The part that goes on the metal lip has steel clasps and those will rust and then the seal will come loose. I replaced the original seal with what I call "D" bulb in shape. It is held on with double back tape and has been there for 7 years or so. No water leaks and it is way cheaper than original seal
Old 11-10-2015, 03:37 PM   #6

Don,
I am wondering now that maybe those metal clasps are caught up in the seal and not letting it to freely come back out. Been using lots of different tools and have had no luck. The seal itself is in pretty good shape, but maybe I should just rip the seal out and not worry about damaging it.

I am aware of the rounded "D" shape seal that you are talking about. And will probably go that route if I do end up damaging this original seal.

I am thinking of removing the toe kick at the bottom of the kitchen cabinets and trying pushing it out instead.

Thanks
Old 11-10-2015, 11:07 PM   #7

The little metal clips are embedded in the rubber part that is below the wiper part. You might try running the slide part way out and then squirting some soapy water on the section you want to pull out.

In blowing up your picture, it looks like the whole seal has been turned in
Old 11-11-2015, 10:29 PM   #8

I have only one slide that gives me any problems (bedroom slide) If I don't flip the rubber that slide will leak so I use this and it works will to hook the rubber and flip it.
CRL General Purpose Windshield and Back Glass Rubber Installation Tool | eBay
2 stroker

2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, seal, slide