Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2016, 08:58 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Slider will not Slide In or Out

I have a 2002 CC Allure and my issue is that my slide will not slide in or out when I try to toggle my switch. I have troubleshot the switch and the solenoid at the pump. Theses items are both good. I have battery power to one side of the solenoid but when I engage the retract or extend switch it produces no voltage to the magnetic side of the solenoid to send power to the pump motor to start the extend or retract process. If I direct jumper across my main solenoid terminals the pump will work and the slider slides in or out. So I know the pump motor is good. At the moment what I don't know is how does power get from my switch to one side of the pump motor solenoid to close the main power contacts on the solenoid to send power to my slider pump motor to run it ? My solenoid is a 4 post switch. Any help would be appreciated if anyone knows the technicals about the slider operation.
Marcottej1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2016, 09:12 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
I am not sure this is the same but, I have a 2002 Georgieboy and a couple of weeks ago one of my slides had no response from the switch, just dead. anyway in the long run afer exaustive investigating I found a bad Ground wire on one of the relays that fed power to the slide. probably not the same but thought i would share. Good Luck.
kiscart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:14 AM   #3

Marcottej1,

That sounds like the problem we had with our slideout. Folks here said it was the Extend/Retract switch. So I checked continuity while toggling the switch and it ohm'ed out fine. Nevertheless, the switch would not carry the current load when used to actuate the slide. Like yours, it would not turn on the pump.

In the end I replaced the switch and it solved the problem. The HWH part number is RP90042. $10 for the switch and $14.99 shipping.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:29 PM   #4

I replaced the switch tonight and I still have the same problem. No power to the solenoid post to activate pump motor. One other issue I have with all this is I have the low voltage warning light on which is located on the slider control panel. I don't suspect any low voltage because all my batteries have been checked with good healthy voltages. All components have been checked and are functional. The only part left is the controller circuit card. There's not many components on it but I guess it could be bad. I'm stumped !!
Old 07-08-2016, 12:33 PM   #5

Sorry the switch did not get the slide working. "Low Voltage" could be a missing voltage that would be the result of an interlock not being satisfied.

Mine requires that the ignition switch be on. Don't know if the air leveling system has to indicate that the coach is level before the slide will work.

HWH is responsive to phone requests for help (563) 724-3396, though you may have to leave your number and wait for a call back. They get busy, especially this time of year. There's an HWH tech that frequents iRV2, AZPETE that has volunteered his help - (602) 549-3638.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Best,
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:09 PM   #6

Can you hear the solenoid click when you activate the slide switch? If it clicks then you know the coil part of the solenoid is good. If it is clicking then it is time for a new solenoid.

I can't tell from your write up but have you checked the voltage at the small wires going to the solenoid? With the switch activated one of the small wires should be at 12 volts and the other at zero when you check the voltage of the terminals to a good ground. No 12 volts then there is a problem between your solenoid and the control switch. A positive voltage on both wires means the ground side of the coil is faulty and you can try adding another ground wire.

Finally I would disconnect one of the small coil wires and check the resistance with a VOM. I think it should be around 10 to 15 ohms. CC usually has diodes across the coil leads on the solenoids so make sure you also remove one of its connections. Before disconnecting wires, I use my cell phone to take pictures. Don't need to ask me why.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40' Indulgence, CAT C10, #5892
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:28 PM   #7

I have so much going through my head right now that I just threw up my hands and put everything back together. I'll be heading west on I80 in a few weeks and plan to pass the exit for HWH Corp. I made and appointment to stop there and have them check it out. I figured I may as well go right to the source. More to follow.
Old 07-09-2016, 06:04 AM   #8

I fought with mine for a few days and I had the same symptoms. It ended up being the simplest thing.
Loose battery connection.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 01:31 PM   #9

I tried the battery connection thing. I checked all my ground connections and low and behold I found one ground cable off. I placed the cable back on the battery post while also cleaning and retightening all other battery connections. I went back into the coach, turned my ignition back on and then placed the slider key switch on. I noticed my low voltage light was now out. Getting excited here !! When I went to extend the slider.... Nothing, absolutely nothing and my low voltage warning light came on. Well, I'll try a little troubleshooting. I got my test light and opened the slider pump bay door and had my wife inside working the slider switch. Test light to ground I touched the other end to the small post on the solenoid side that goes to the pump control relay. My wife says to me "hey, your low voltage warning light just went out". I tell her to toggle the switch again to extend the slider. She does and the warning light comes back on. I do another reset by touching the post with my test light. I also noticed that if the slider switch is constantly toggled off and on, off and on, off and on while I hold my test light to the small post of the solenoid that is connected also to the pump control relay, the little white lever handle that is on the actuators which goes into the hydraulic block Moves a little. In the end, the bottom line is, there 's 0 volts getting to my pump control relay which in turn will close the solenoid to start the pump. Now I'm wonder if it's ground issue instead of a power issue. I don't find much left in my circuit to have grounded. Playing with that low voltage warning light has me scratching my head though. It's got to be an indicator to something going on somewhere. BTW, measurements on the batteries are 15.5 V
Old 08-24-2016, 09:20 PM   #10

I thought that I would post the fix for this slide issue and bring this post to a closure. For those of you who have a slide issue similar to mine here,
this was the fix. I had to replace 2 slide pressure switches and 1 park brake switch. The slide pressure switches are there to monitor pressure imbalances in the slide system. This is to prevent a slide from racking out wrong or blowing something in the pressure lines or valves in the pressure system. If something like this happens to you or a slide pressure switch is bad it will produce a ground signal to the slide control relay thereby locking out the solenoid that activates the slide pump. For the slide pump to operate correctly you can't have a ground signal on one side of the control relay. If this happens your slide motor pump will not turn on. The ground has to be removed. The ground being there is the slide pressure switches job. They are put there for safety and monitor reasons. It took a total of 8 hours of troubleshooting by HWH Corp to fix the fault. I can't say enough kudos about the technicians at HWH. If it wasn't for them I would still have a non functional slide out. Thank you HWH for your professional services !! We are now back on the road enjoying our Country Coach and enjoying America. Smiles !!
Old 08-24-2016, 10:05 PM   #11

Thanks for the update. I also can't say enough about the HWH folks, they are top notch.

Tags
slide, slider