Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-21-2015, 06:23 PM   #1

Still can't get furnace to turn on?

Had about 20 minutes this weekend to mess with the furnace and still nuttin! Aqua Hot kicks in but no furnace fan. I "use to" turn the T-stat on, mode to furnace, set temp and a short wait and bingo, heat! Any ideas as to what's going on, or lack thereof? Leaving for Vegas Thursday to see the kids/grandkids and it's suppose to get down to 32 degrees. Heat pump works as a back-up plan.

Thanks!

RJPerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2015, 06:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJPerry View Post
Had about 20 minutes this weekend to mess with the furnace and still nuttin! Aqua Hot kicks in but no furnace fan. I "use to" turn the T-stat on, mode to furnace, set temp and a short wait and bingo, heat! Any ideas as to what's going on, or lack thereof? Leaving for Vegas Thursday to see the kids/grandkids and it's suppose to get down to 32 degrees. Heat pump works as a back-up plan.

Thanks!
Please feed us more information.
How old is T-stat?
Is it Digital?
Model Number:
Check for broken wires.

I read that heat pumps are only good to 40 degrees and above.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:35 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Get hold of this guy, he knows his stuff Services ⋆ Heat My RV ~ John Carrillo
Old 12-21-2015, 11:02 PM   #4

X's 2 on working with John, a knowledge base!

A few thoughts:

> Does the control board in the Aqua/Hydro Hot bay reflect any error codes?
> Have you checked your fuses?
> Once the Aqua/Hydro Hot fires up and say two or three minutes has gone by for the temps to get up, reach in and touch the pump to see if it is running.
(The heated fluid needs to be pumped to the different heat register areas. If the pump is not pumping, the hot fluids are not flowing to the registers.)

Combo's of the above are worth checking too...

I also follow the advise of a few veteran Aqua/Hydro Hot heat owners, where I regular 'exercise' the full system. Fire things up on diesel, turn on the heat, and keep the fluids flowing to the registers. And the sub register pumps, depending upon unit. Same as running the generator and the AC units, etc., etc.

Best of luck to you as you sort this out, and please, circle back and close the loop once you determine the problem!
Smitty
Old 12-22-2015, 07:40 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
You say the AH turns on but no 'furnace fan'. That sounds like the Aqua Hot is working (electric element and burner) but your heat exchanger fans are not coming on.

There is a fuse (20 amp) that controls the fans in the heat exchangers. Mine is in the fuse panel near the electric service panel in the hallway. I had a burned out/shorted out motor in one of the heat exchangers and the fuse had blown and none of the fans would work.

Replaced motor/fans in that exchanger and all was well.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 08:51 AM   #6

If you're planning on the heat pump working below 40 degrees you might want to come up with a back up plan. They will work for a little while then they will freeze up and stop working till it warms up a bit. If you get someone in Vegas to fix it please share who did it and what kind of job they did. I'm waiting on some parts for my heater to show up and if that doesn't work I'm off to get someone in Vegas to work on it.
Good Luck.
Old 12-22-2015, 12:13 PM   #7

Thanks for all the responses but since I'm still a working stiff and the coach is in my barn with limited access to the bays due to space, I plan on pulling her out this Thursday and go thru some of your ideas. My back up plan to the back up plan is have an electric heater on hand!
Old 12-22-2015, 12:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJPerry View Post

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper9x9 View Post
If you're planning on the heat pump working below 40 degrees you might want to come up with a back up plan. They will work for a little while then they will freeze up and stop working till it warms up a bit. If you get someone in Vegas to fix it please share who did it and what kind of job they did. I'm waiting on some parts for my heater to show up and if that doesn't work I'm off to get someone in Vegas to work on it.
Good Luck.
pumper9x9
to a "back up" "back up plan"

RJPerry
"Heat pumps" do not work if/when the OS temp drops to 32 degrees F.
Mel
'96 Safari
Old 12-22-2015, 04:36 PM   #9

RJ, the fans are controlled by relays located in your hydrohot bay. These relays are the basic cube relays frequently found in automotive applications. Look for them and make sure they are working. Remember, the Hydrohot works by switihing ground not hot.
gsander1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 04:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsander1 View Post
RJ, the fans are controlled by relays located in your hydrohot bay. These relays are the basic cube relays frequently found in automotive applications. Look for them and make sure they are working. Remember, the Hydrohot works by switihing ground not hot.
Well, replaced both relays and she working! Thanks George and everyone for your input! Fingers crossed it works tomorrow night when we'll really need it! Now if I can just figure why my Pioneer back up monitor quit working

Tags
furnace, ace