RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-05-2018, 07:58 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Still Waiting For New Country Coach

Good Evening to All,

I was wondering have Winnebago decide to make any New Country Coaches since they do own them now? It's hard to get people to work on them, and some places especially here in Florida, don't want to fool with anything over ten years old in their service Dept. I am a little concern about this Coach, and as a owner/consumer of this special coach. Please give me your feedback on your concerns as well? I would love to here your concerns as well.

Thanks,
Harry-O

Harry-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2018, 08:33 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Any new ones will not be anywhere the same as the old ones. No DynoMax chassis and probably a rehash of high end Winnies for the house.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 09:15 PM   #3

There will never be a country coach as we know it.
Can't see why you are having a hard time finding someone to work on a ten year old coach.
1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 10:58 PM   #4

There will never be another Country Coach, period!

I have found that the service on CCs is actually better now than when there was a "factory". There are a number of ex CC techs that saw the writing on the wall and opened their own repair facilities. Parts that were CC specific are still available from them.

I have zero concern to continue driving my '02 way into the future as it is better built than the junk currently on the market.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:01 PM   #5

Harry-O (Any chance you were in San Diego's Bay Park area a few years back?),

What sort of problems are you having? The Affinity, any year, is one heck of a coach! Look here for references in your area for service places worthy/qualified, to work on your coach. If none found? Well schedule a road trip as needed!

Eric Olstrum in Tucson/Arizona area is well thought of.

Or, go to Oregon!!! OMC, Premier, other's - all have techs that know (Many were involved in building!) your coach. No sales tax is one advantage, but a week, or days, on the Oregon Coast is a bonus too.

------

All that being said. If you feel your Affinity can not be cared for locally the way you want, and travel to different local's is not an option (Only mention Arizona and Oregon as examples. I'm positive closer alternatives to quality care of a Country Coach are nearer to the East side!)... Then do look for other coaches with service provider's closer to you. Foretravel is hard to beat. Newmar makes a good coach. Entegra owner's are becoming the new zealots as Tiffen owner's have been the last decade or so. (NOT a slam, more of a salute! To the owner's.).

IF, Winnebago were to use the former Country Coach location factory for a new Country Coach - well, from what we Country Coach owner's can see so far - it will not be a "Country Coach as we all knew them. It would be an attempt of an upgraded Winnebago. (Sort of like Monaco Signature of old, is not the same as 'Signature's' of those that bought he rights to he name.).

Hope you enjoy your Affinity. Not sure what year you have, did not drill down to your profile to see if you have the year/model mentioned. But almost any Affinity but by CC (Sure, not those under 100(?) CC's that were bought not fully assembled at auction - and completed by those that bought them. So factor your year, and Affinity SN accordingly.), will be a coach worthy of sorting out any short term problems. Maybe refreshing to what you want personally interior wise. Look at them as a coach with solid foundations (Dynamax) and superior build quality - that a remodel and updating will yield a better coach then you could buy new elsewhere...

All a matter of perspective, and opinion! And, it's our money, so your opinion that matter's...

Best to you,
Smitty
Old 10-05-2018, 11:11 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My son in law does mobil repair but he refuses to work on high end coaches. Maybe the OP is running into places that don't feel qualified to work on CC's so refuse thecwork.
Wasn't LazyDays in FL a dealer? That's where mine was originally ordered from. Maybe they can/would still work on them?
Old 10-05-2018, 11:18 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mr D said:

"My son in law does mobil repair but he refuses to work on high end coaches."

Did he say why?

Don't know where I'm going, spose I'll get there anyway.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:48 AM   #8

Still Waiting For New Country Coach

Thanks Gentlemen for your timely responses. I have a 2000 42' Affinity. I recently purchase it in June after searching for over a year for a Great, and Dependable RV. I just put it in for service here in Central Florida, and believe me, I had to call at least four places until a place called Independence RV and sales in Winter Haven, Florida was the only one I could fine to do service to it. I inputted Winnebago in my computer just in case they have forgotten the Legendary County Coach RV. Their specialties is Newmar, with this being said, can someone please tell me how can you get parts that really is needed for the Country Coach, and others service companies, are not in the same Ballpark, as the Country Coach in doing service. Why does Winnebago, that makes junk, want to own a company such as Country Coach?
I just wanna Know!!!
Harry-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:30 AM   #9

Fountain rv in florida still around?
1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:46 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
You may want to consider touching base with Kevin Waite of K&M RV Repair in Junction City, OR. Kevin is a former CC builder/tech and has been a very helpful resource for CC owners all over. He offers a phone/email tech support service for a modest annual fee. You can contact him anytime and he will help you or a tech of your choice diagnose/fix issues. He is also a great source for hard to find parts for our coaches. I have subscribed to his service since 2013 and it has saved me at least the cost of the service in labor costs, not to mention the savings of time and cost of taking a coach to someone else for service.

Kevin Waite. 541.953.6162 kvn.wt.7629@gmail.com

Alliance Coach in Wildwood, FL used to be a Monaco authorized service center. It is my understanding they are a good shop for any brand of coach. It is no question that the best CC talent is in Oregon. We have had work done on our coach both times we have traveled that far west. I am also fortunate to have a great independent RV shop near me in Virginia who has CC experience. They have been very good.

For anything to do with your HWH slides or leveling system, HWH in Moscow, IA cannot be beat. They do it all and are efficient and charge reasonable rates. Obviously, you have to go there but it is worth it if you need their expertise and you can trip plan to go there.

While I would agree that Winnebago doesn't make coaches with the sturdiness and overall build quality of CC, I don't believe they make junk. We owned two WGO class A coaches before getting our CC and they both served us well. I believe all the mass production coach builders today have an issue with overall build quality due to many factors.....high production numbers to meet demand, declining quality of the labor force, increasing complexity of the coaches due to consumer demand for 'glitz and gizmos', etc.

I also don't believe WGO will ever build a CC. WGO ventured into more of a luxury class A market in the early 2000's with their Ultimate line. They were nice for their time but apparently not something WGO wanted to continue. I just don't believe it is in their DNA to do it. Perhaps, as has been suggested by others, we may see a highly optioned WGO DP (Grand Tour on steroids) on a Spartan K3 chassis that they will put a CC badge on.....maybe calling it the 'New Country Coach.'

For now, WGO seems to be targeting a younger buyer with their new Horizon with the European-inspired interior. It will be interesting to see how they take hold. Also, I think smaller DP's will become more popular as more of us geezers want to downsize but stay in a nicely optioned DP. Newmar's New Aire is an example. I would suspect Entegra will be doing that also.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 08:15 AM   #11

American Coach Owners Club
I second the suggestion of contacting Kevin Waite and subscribing to his service. When I had my CC, he and Butch answered all my questions over the years and kept me from being towed once. The smartest money you can spend on your coach.
exgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:02 AM   #12

I believe pigs will fly b4 WGO will make Country Coach.

Just visited Eric O. in Tucson and made a appointment for the end January 2019
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:56 AM   #13

It's a nice pipe dream but CC is not like the Phoenix and will not rise from the dust. If you're looking at buying a brand new comparable coach look at Foretravel.
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 10:02 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
Mr D said:

"My son in law does mobil repair but he refuses to work on high end coaches."

Did he say why?
Not really, maybe too complicated. Maybe I should ask him.

Tags
country coach