Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:08 PM   #1
Sunset Bay 2007 v 2008

We want to buy a 37' Allure and have studied this forum. We understand the best years may be 2004-2006, but to include 2007 if it passes inspection. We've read the Damon write-up's.

Just looking at the updates, we'd really prefer a 2008. It's a big price jump, but it adds lots of upgrades we like.

Can any of you please comment on the good-bad-and-ugly between the 2007 and 2008 models of the Sunset Bay?

2008 Country Coach Allure 470, 4-slide 37' w/ tag, 425 Cummins, 22.5x 315s, IFS, Techma, SaniCon, Dish Trav'ler, MCDs, liftup Sony w fireplace, 1440W solar, 600Ah LiFePo, Toad=2014 JKUR
Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2014, 09:55 PM   #2
Country Coach Owners Club
Hey, if you like it and can get a good deal, then go for it. All coaches will have problems but in the Allure and Intrigue lines, there is a lot of bang for the buck. You might want to step down a year or so and step up in models to the Intrigue and see what is available.

I do love our Intrigue

dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:18 AM   #3
Ya what he said. We have a 2002 and love it but it has not been without problems but it has not left us stuck out in the middle of nowhere yet.
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:05 AM   #4
I have a 2008 Sunset Bay, we are second owners so it is difficult to comment on the changes. Damon Rapozos site lists the changes. Tire upgrade to 315's for one, we have MCD electric blinds on the windscreen instead of a curtain, we have the 425 Cummins instead of the 400. Great coach and the length really helps on the European sites I frequent. (based in UK). The tag means I can never really overload her. I have the HWH active air upgrade but that was not a CC option, however I am told it transformed the ride. Certainly for me the steering is like a car. Oh also I have discs all round which the 2007 did not.

2008 Allure in the UK
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	In spain 2013.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	60711  
In the UK with;
2008 Allure Sunset Bay
sallylillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:38 AM   #5
These are large rigs we're talking about here. But I wonder if the disc's all around improves braking distance as much as they did for lighter weight cars and trucks? If so, then I would see that as a strong plus towards safety...

And Active Air sure sounds like a slick option. I researched it, and at 40' losing more basement space for air tanks, was the main reason I did not pursue this expensive upgrade. If we had a 42-45', I think we would have it in our coach.

(Not that the Active Air has any bearing between 07 & 08, but an endorsement in respecting the system.)

Best of luck OP!
Roo II is our 04 Country Coach Allure 40'
OnDRoad for The JRNY! Enjoy life...
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:38 PM   #6
I went to the 08 year mostly for brakes and tires. I am very happy with the brakes. I would expect the 04 to 08 spread in cost would be significant.
IASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:07 AM   #7
Hi Smitty
The extra tanks did not take any useful space away that I can see. My Inverter and some other electrics are in a different space to earlier models and there was space in the rear passenger bay which is only chassis batteries and a few switches and the AC rad. Perhaps you need to have a further discussion with HWH and tell them they have to find another place??

As for the brakes I cannot comment on the difference but all I can say is they are excellent and having the same package all round seems a good idea.

In the UK with;
2008 Allure Sunset Bay
sallylillian is offline   Reply With Quote