Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2019, 01:21 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Tag air pressure regulator location

My tag axle is not carrying enough load. I need to increase the downward air pressure on it. On my Monaco the tag pressure regulator was in the engine bay but i cannot find the one on my 2005 CC 470 allure. please help me locate it.
wsmcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2019, 09:53 PM   #2

Most, if not all, of the CC Chassis's I'm familiar with - do not have an external setting to change PSI.

I'd find a competent chassis shop, and ask them to review things as far a four Corner Weight, alignment, road height - and make recommendations on things that need addressing...

Best to you, and good luck,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 09:57 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You lost that option when you gave up your Roadmaster chassis !
Old 04-07-2019, 10:00 PM   #4

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have a pressure gauge in front of the passenger side drive axle. It is hidden behind the armor plate. Have to climb in under and look back towards the outside to see it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160611_141920.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	274.7 KB
ID:	241172  
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 10:14 PM   #5

Thanks Mr D... As i was hitting enter on my post, I was reflecting I'd thought that CC's were not adjustable on most of their chassis , and other's (Probably you!), pointed out that some CC's did have adjustable tag pressures!

So hope the OP has a CC chassis where can tweak the PSI values, if needed.

To me, getting to a chassis shop that know's what they're doing, would be my main goal at this time... If adjustable PSI, great! If not, then what can be done to optimize chassis ride and handling!

Best to you, and all, and OP - please let us know what you determine on your specific CC!
Smitty
Old 04-08-2019, 12:33 AM   #6

There should be a regulator but it is not supposed to be convenient. In the old days class 8 trucks could play with there suspension to get over the scales so it became a rule that the adjustment has to be out of reach of the driver. I would expect it to be around the drive axle. Remember to watch what you do with the tag since more weight on the tag will shift some weight to the front.
IASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 12:46 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
You lost that option when you gave up your Roadmaster chassis !
Yes
Your correct 96 Wideglide
That and many other reasons I just keep on keeping Mine.
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 01:11 AM   #8

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
It's a nice tool to have, especially if you have a bike lift on the back.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:03 AM   #9

I have a pressure gauge in front of the passenger side drive axle. It is hidden behind the armor plate. Have to climb in under and look back towards the outside to see it.

I am on it
Thanks
Old 04-08-2019, 11:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsmcycle View Post

I am on it
Thanks
Suppose it get's a bit breezy under there, while running down the highway making adjustments to fine tune. Be safe, wear goggles!

(OK, thanks for sharing where our gauge is!)

Best to you, and all,
Smitty
Old 04-09-2019, 11:56 AM   #11

I crawled under the bus but i did not find it. The spot right in front of the passenger drive wheels (9,9)is the storage area that contains the aqua hot. please use my attached bus sketch to tell me where it is. such as 3,6. the intersection of the those two numbers, horizontal (3)first and vertical (6) second.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bus snip.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	241358  
Old 04-10-2019, 11:07 PM   #12

On mine it would be 10-8. In front of the tire the is a panel could be called a wheel well. If crawling under the coach with your head towards the center then look towards the outside of the coach and the is a space between the wheel well panel and the bay panel. Cant see it unless your looking from the centerline of the coach.
Keep in mind mine is an 08 so may not be the same.
IASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 05:14 AM   #13

I don't have the same model but found my rear levelers close to the tire outside most of the suspension parts. You won't see it if your under the axle in the middle. Think of this way, if busted a tire chain it would whack the assembly.
gpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 02:06 PM   #14

The tires have been road tested and balanced three times. I have confirmed that the tires are balanced by having the entire wheel /wheels Spun up while mounted on the frame. further, i exchanged the outside driver and the tag with the same result. i spent a day at the alignment shop and all is aligned, bushings checked, drive shaft balance checked. The alignment shop is 100 miles away. on my way home the bouncing was still there between 70 and 80 Less at 65 but detectable. Then suddenly about 50 miles from home the bouncing stopped. I couldn't believe anything could have happened while driving that would give that result . When i got home i looked over the bus and discovered that the passenger outside driver was unseated/flat. I believe the extra weight the flat driver put on the tag was enough force to keep it from bouncing.
After fixing the flat (leaking valve stem) I tested the bus and sure enough the bounce had returned
I have been working on this problem for months and i think i have hit on the problem.
I amam going to reduce the tire pressure in the passenger drive duals to 70# and see if the bounce goes away on the tag

Tags
air, cat