Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2014, 06:31 AM   #1

Tail lights

I don't know what the heck is going on. When I first purchased this coach a few months ago before we made our way home I had my wife hit the brakes try the left and right blinkers and hazards while I walked around to make sure all was ok and everything worked as it should. I want to order led lights for the rear I have 18 lights back there so I wanted to see what were running lights,brake, turn etc. when my son flipped on the left blinker the reverse light blinks and when put in reverse the amber turn signal comes on. Now I know it wasn't like this a few months ago. Her is a upside down pic of my tail lights. If you click on it it may flip around.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	219.3 KB
ID:	76041  
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2014, 11:36 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Most likely a wiring issue at the lights connection.

Have the tow lights wiring been changed since your first observation?
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:43 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
I don't know what the heck is going on. When I first purchased this coach a few months ago before we made our way home I had my wife hit the brakes try the left and right blinkers and hazards while I walked around to make sure all was ok and everything worked as it should. I want to order led lights for the rear I have 18 lights back there so I wanted to see what were running lights,brake, turn etc. when my son flipped on the left blinker the reverse light blinks and when put in reverse the amber turn signal comes on. Now I know it wasn't like this a few months ago. Her is a upside down pic of my tail lights. If you click on it it may flip around.
mike brez
A bad ground IN one or more of the rear bulb sockets, (or a bad/corroded ground or positive wire, or connection, TO one or more of the rear bulb sockets), can cause that.
Since cleaning everything up and applying dielectric grease at the connections and into the bulb sockets, I have not had that problem for 5+ years.
Mel
'96 Safari, 135k miles
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:54 PM   #4

ROTFLMAO just got back from doctors and have been thinking about this all night and day. Went to coach and put hazards on went back to check and the same. Took a good look and my son was cleaning the lenses inside and out and re installed the amber and reverse in wrong spot. How stupid after looking at it to not realize it yesterday
Old 10-08-2014, 01:00 PM   #5

Now put ice on bump in center of forehead...
Old 10-08-2014, 01:07 PM   #6

Quote:
ROTFLMAO just got back from doctors and have been thinking about this all night and day. Went to coach and put hazards on went back to check and the same. Took a good look and my son was cleaning the lenses inside and out and re installed the amber and reverse in wrong spot. How stupid after looking at it to not realize it yesterday
Mike
Don't be to hard on the kid......his Dad posts pictures upside down!
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:27 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Cheapest fix to the problem that you will ever have!
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
Mike
Don't be to hard on the kid......his Dad posts pictures upside down!
Mel
'96 Safari

That's it...he probably looked at the upside down picture when he re-installed them. LMFAO. This is the only forum when I post pics they are upside down.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:41 AM   #9
Community Moderator

Quote:
that was how mine was happened... when i was doing class b dl at dmv, the tester walked around to check lights before road test while i was in cockpit to flip the signal levers. she said we couldn't go on as your tail lights were wrong. well i had to drive home that time. first i thought it was bad wiring. after googled the images of cc's tail light layout, i found out mine was mis-mounted. who knows who did it...
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lights